Dutch Psych,

9 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Re: Dutch Psych,
Dec 13, 2004, 16:53
You need a double 10" vinyl compilation called Fantazio Daze on the OP ART label and I'll tell you why. It has the best two Group 1850 tracks, one where they back Adjeef the Poet for "Eek, I'm a Freak" and the other, where they channel the MC5, called "Don't Let it Be". But there's also two 45 sides by the mysterious Bag, who sound like early Pink Floyd on heroin & speed and one by The Sound of Imkerr, who rock insanely with two chords & sound like Killed by Death music from 1968. There's a bunch of other obscure and interesting 45s on the two 10"s , but for the originals of those 5 tunes alone you'd have to mortgage your soul. I don't think its out on cd, but I could be wrong. Oh, and I forgot the most killer tune of all (maybe) Phoenix' "Ode to Jimi Hendrix", where they rolled tape immediately upon hearing of Jimi's demise during a smoke break at the studio and wailed about "The Man called Jimi Hendrix...He's DEAD!"
while the guitarist conjured some spirited Hey Purple Joe Haze-oid leads ....priceless shit, my friends.
So, to sum up:
Adjeef the Poet, Bag, Phoenix, Sound of Imkerr, Group 1850 all in one cool package (with sometimes inferior sound, but hey, where else.....?) Get it, you won't be dissapointed.

Unsung Forum Index