oxford gig

130 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: oxford gig
Sep 28, 2004, 12:21
I just want to add a wee point - a personal one - not aimed at anyone at all... Just my personal thoughts on the gig as a whole...

I thought the gig was superb! Julian, as far as I was concerned, put on a spectacular show. I'm still buzzing from it, actually! He made me laugh. I'm in total awe of the guy's talent, frankly.

There was a lot of background murmur, but as I was happily watching and listening to Julian, it didn't bother me one iota.

There do seem to be a lot of people around here (not just on this thread) who seem all too willing to have a dig at him, and I just wonder to myself, time and again, why anyone would want to go to the gigs, or hang around the website dedicated to him, who really think he's as bad as they say!

I've only ever seen him twice now - once in Southampton ("An Audience With...") and Oxford last Saturday. Both times I was mightily impressed. I came away smiling both times.

The reaction from the crowd both times, after every song, emphasised to me how good he was. Despite all the "lack of concentration" apparently going on, applause and cheering a-plenty followed each number.

Everybody I met was really lovely and friendly as well. I think they all left happy.

:o)

G x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index