oxford gig

130 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: oxford gig
Sep 27, 2004, 23:13
I know you said you're not singling me out Holes, but as I was outed by someone as being an offender I feel I should just explain things from my prespective too. Firstly I apologise to anyone who was irritated by my chat, but standing stock still in silence straight after dancing about like crazy to Dogntank (which was loud, let's not forget) wasn't easy. I don't remember 'talking through the whole gig' anyway, I thought it was mainly between songs and occasionally going into them, but I did have my attention on the stage too. I still maintain that someone could have asked us to quieten down. I wasn't aware I was being as loud as I evidently was, but we were being smiley and exhuberant and I can't believe we looked too intimidating to be asked. I know people shouldn't really have to, but like I say, I was unaware I was being loud and annoying.

There is also the suggestion that anyone who talked wasn't listening to Cope, which isn't the case. These Cope with guitar only gigs do, I suppose, require modification of my usual gig-going behaviour. I can see that talking people would be off-putting to a performer too, so apologise to Julian if I contributed to him feeling that way at all. It certainly wasn't any kind of comment on the quality of the gig or anything. Anyway, that's pretty much it from my perspective. Maybe I'd have been pissed off too if the shoe had been on the other foot, but I would have definitely said something or moved away, not just stood getting more and more annoyed. And again, apologies to anyone I pissed off. Think I'll, er... shut up now.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index