Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Piquiod
Piquiod
525 posts

Re: A Pome (no offense intended!)
Sep 28, 2004, 18:05
I love the poem..very good,
but I gotta admit that if you to a concert you should give respect to the artist and listen to what he's saying...that in turn give respect to the listener that came to hear what the artist says...

I gotta Julian boot from 98 I think, where the crowd is so damned chatty you can hardly hear Julian.
He starts Conspiracist Blues and no one is listening...so Julian stops the song mid-way thru, saying that if no one is gonna listen, he won't play it, he moves onto Sunspots...
Then a little later the chatting gets louder to the point where Julian says "Shut yer fuckin' mouths, I'm trying to sing a fuckin' song"

So I guess the Cope don't dig all the talking...sing and dance and have fun, but don't have friggin' full on conversations at a concert...its not polite
keith a
9570 posts

Re: oxford gig
Sep 28, 2004, 18:11
Maybe. But not by me...
keith a
9570 posts

Sep 28, 2004, 18:13
Nice one. LOL!
ron
ron
706 posts

<sigh> jon... jon... jon...
Sep 28, 2004, 20:44
"Also had some fat bird in stockings dancing in front of me. Enough to turn the blood cold"

how do she keep talking u into this shit? wazn't the diaper thang enuff... ?

good lord lucan, get hold of ur self man!

x
scousemaiden
160 posts

Sep 28, 2004, 21:38
I think Copey's sound; thought the Reading gig was Ace, wish it had lasted longer; got no critisism at all for his performance; think people talking constantly is plain rude and bad mannered. Wish I had a ticket to see him somewhere else SOON.
Scousemaiden xxx
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Sep 28, 2004, 21:45
Fair point. As it happens, I don't think I was a culprit at Oxford btw, I was dug in the ribs everytime I so much as opened my mouth by someone who was keen to listen to every note!

I really ought to disappear back into wilful obscurity before I spout any more bad verse!

Squid
x
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Sep 28, 2004, 21:47
And I'm gonna start up the Soggy Biscuit Splintery Board.
keith a
9570 posts

Sep 29, 2004, 07:26
Take no notice of me, after reading some of the postings, I was suffering from a rare lapse in sense of humour.
oxford stu
oxford stu
402 posts

Sep 29, 2004, 11:32
Don't you wish sometimes you'd keep your opinions to yourself?

Seriously though, thanks to all those who have supported what i said intially (though I was wrong in singling out, and then exaggeratting some people. Lord Lucan I owe you a drink!).
There was a hell of a lot of chat from the back of the room, but that is always the case with the Zodiac, probably due to people who seem to hang around the bar as opposed to watching the gig (which does beg the question why the hell are they there in thefirst place.)
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Sep 29, 2004, 11:59
>'Don't you wish sometimes you'd keep your opinions to yourself?'

No shit! But I guess we're not like that here..... you were misconstrued and so was I. Completely, in certain cases.

Typed messages are so frequently and easily misunderstood. Much better to talk face to face.

But probably not at gigs, eh stu?

J
x
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index