oxford gig

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Re: Yeahh!
Sep 26, 2004, 19:19
It was great to meet you for the first time, Father Sky, and meet up with about 25 other fluffies and HHers. Brilliant to see EVERYONE. Particularly excited to meet Pebs from TMA and Mojojojo. A very happy coupla hours in the pub beforehand and then the weird sight of all my cyberpals walking through 'my patch' in Oxford!

Dogntank? I was disappointed, frankly. Dull. Shame. Cos they had energy a-plenty. But hooks, there were none :-( Fortunately the excellent company of amazon, Mojojojojojojo and Toni Torino was a marvellous alternative.

Jooolian? he was great! There was a whole bunch of us pressed against the front of the stage, singing along, enjoying the show. I thought Julian was great, but there wasn't enough between-songs-banter...

Can't wait till next week in Northampton now!

Groovy
J
x
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: oxford gig
Sep 26, 2004, 21:05
ha! long time no post on here, but how can I resist that little intro! Good guess Fourwinds!

I can't entirely take credit for the "2Fluffy4U" thing though - it was forceably applied to my back!

Ah well, back to wilful obscurity!

Squid
x
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Sep 26, 2004, 21:28
I loved it, although I was so mashed by the end of the set that I don't recall clearly the set list etc. By far the best bit was talking to my friends from here and FBB. Utterly, utterly awesome to see everyone, I think I talked rather a lot last night, but if I professed admiration, love, impressedness random softy sloppy shite! then I meant it!

What I do clearly remember all through the night is in fact the people there! As for Julian, he was far better than at Brighton I thought. Perhaps (this is my feeling) he's getting better overall as the tour progresses, although only seeing him on two of the dates it is hard to tell.

Hour and halfs sleep since 8am Saturday morning means that tbh, I am impressed at the coherence of this post! Especially given my incapacity this afternoon in the pub, where completing a sentence was at times a challenge, despite only having drunk tea or water since 7am this morning.

Was superb to go to Wayland today with everyone, you are all very very lovely! (whether you came to that or not!)
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Sep 26, 2004, 21:55
Couldn't have put it better myself, ratcni01.
Just wanted to add it was great to meet those I hadn't met before too. You're all fabulous people!
bigjaybee
106 posts

Sep 26, 2004, 21:57
Heh! Nice one! Good to see someone on here can spell :O
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Sep 27, 2004, 08:50
Yeah it was good to meet some of you albeit briefly - I think I was about three hours too late getting to the pub....Have to agree a little more banter between songs would have made the gig better (damned if he does, damned if he doesn't thou I guess).

Enough to looking forward to Northampton anyway.

All the best.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Sep 27, 2004, 10:41
Sorry I'm late... ;o)

'Ere - I thought the Oxford gig was bloomin brilliant! I've not got a lot to compare it to, in all fairness, but I was blown away by the man's ability to create such an amazing sound on his own! Sounded like 2 or 3 guitarists to me. Liked him since I first heard him, but never realised quite what a talent he is.

I also didn't realise there were MORE of you there than I actually met! Those I did meet were superlatively fluffy and lovely, so what more could a man want?

What a handsome bunch Julian's fans are!

I wanted more chat as well - I find what goes through his head intriguing... Love him to bits!

G x
oxford stu
oxford stu
402 posts

Sep 27, 2004, 10:49
Thought the oxford gig was ok, have certainly seen better, like at the cambridge folk festival last year where he did a similar type of set but was a lot funnier, maybe because a lot of the people at cam weren't familar with him or his work and so he had to try harder.
what was disappointing though was the amount of talking in the crowd. Was standing near the front , and in front of a group of people who all knew each other (including the man with the 2fluffy4you sticker) and a few in this group talked to each other for almost the whole concert, mainly a blond man with side burns and a man with a rose on the back of his leather jacket. Why do this? it spoils it for people near you, it's a waste of money that you paid for your ticket and it can't be good for the performer to look down and see people talking to each other while he is playing.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Sep 27, 2004, 10:57
That is a shame - although I was standing pretty well right behind them most of the time and never really noticed. Thankfully the speakers were quite loud so I could hear Jooolian quite well!

I could hear people talking - not necessarily those mentioned, and they certainly didn't drown the PA out.

G x
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Sep 27, 2004, 11:02
Apolgies for the chatting (I was the blond one), but it does beg the question if it bothered you so much why you didn't move away, or just ask us to shut up? We were pretty tanked up and hadn't seen each other in ages, so were catching up. Yep, maybe we shouldn't have talked so much, but hey, it wasn't for the whole gig and we were listening to the man, you know.
Anyone else gonna be named and shamed up here with a description of what they looked like by people without the inclination to say anything at the gig or to move somewhere where they weren't going to irritated to fuck by the person in front of them?
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index