Jasonaparkes
Jasonaparkes
876 posts

Re: mercury prize
Sep 07, 2004, 17:39
Wyatt's going for Ty:

'Wyatt hails Ty in Mercury contest'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3626010.stm

- I haven't heard Ty either. I think The Streets are severely overrated & FF are just a bad impersonation of bands like The Monochrome Set, Josef-K, Dirk-Adam & the Ants, Wire, Orange Juice etc. It's a pretty horrific list, sub-Coldplay shite like Keane & a covers record from the foxy Joss Stone (if only her music was more Royal Trux!). So I'd plump for Robert Wyatt, an album that deserves to win and a record I find moving. Of course it'll be one of the popular acts who wins- look at past winners: M-People, Portishead - though it didn't really help Roni Size, Gomez, or Talvin Singh. Suppose they'll try and make themselves look hip etc - so it'll probably me Mike Skinner. I'd go for Wyatt, as he's one of the greatest acts produced in this country and his new stuff is as great as the old stuff.
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Sep 07, 2004, 21:37
i havnt heard much from the zutons but what i heard i really liked. The single reminds me more than a bit of edgar broughton. Also saw them on some show doing a live thing and they looked like they do a good show, i wanna hear more.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

And the winner is...
Sep 07, 2004, 22:04
ahem (opens envelope)

Franz Ferdinand...
keith a
9570 posts

Re: And the winner is...
Sep 07, 2004, 22:40
that well may be the first time that the one i wanted to win actually won!!
Juliette Lewis
109 posts

Sep 07, 2004, 23:34
I probably shouldn't be here, since I'm on the other side of the pond and I've only heard of a few of these artists, but as soon as I saw Joss Stone's name I couldn't contain myself - she's WORSE than "precocious shit." She's HORRIBLE!!!! She's nothing but a TV talent show reject who SOMEHOW lucked into a bit of credibility. I am so SICK of these whitebread pseudo-soul revivalists who don't have a CLUE about soul singing. YUCK!!!!!
Juliette Lewis
109 posts

Re: And the winner is...
Sep 07, 2004, 23:35
Good. As long as it's anybody but Joss Stone, I'm happy.
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Sep 07, 2004, 23:42
but why listen to the zutons when you can listen to the edgar broughton band?
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Sep 07, 2004, 23:43
have you heard her? great voice....
Juliette Lewis
109 posts

Sep 07, 2004, 23:45
Yes, I have heard her. Horrible Christina Aguilera-soundalike voice.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index