Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Noah Vale
Noah Vale
299 posts

Re: mercury prize
Sep 10, 2004, 17:49
The Streets.
I went down to the shop & bought a bag of chips but they were cold so I said to the geezer behind the counter who was a greasy geezer can I have some hot chips & he said fuck off just then I saw this bird who I've fancied for a while & she laughed & said I can have one of hers but her boyfriend didn'....etc

& Franz Ferdinand sound like fuggin Orange juice or sunnink, figgin Basin Heads
teddy boy
10 posts

Sep 11, 2004, 00:35
Everyone seems to be forgetting that the Mercury is a music 'industry' prize, it's all a bit like domestic appliances, doesn't have to be anything too innovative, just perform a function. In this case it's to make money, marketable is the key word, it's about profit not the quality of the product. Most things that have to be hyped so utterly are pretty shit. Don't suppose we should even expect any more, the fact that we're all so upset by it proves that. Our record collections surely reflect what we truly like, not some record company cheque book stand off, it's a damn shame that the thousands of truly talented musicians doing the biz week in week out don't get any main stream exposure.
teddy boy
10 posts

Re: f***ing travesty of justice
Sep 11, 2004, 00:43
Billy please calm down it's not worth the fuss, tomorrows take away wrappings...
teddy boy
10 posts

Sep 11, 2004, 00:46
Come on Billy, I am concerned for your health, it really is not worth getting so worked up about, as for Master Skinner, he's not bringing anything out of the ordinary to the table. Comparing him with Ray Davies is ludicrous, not in the same class, and can't sing either.
teddy boy
10 posts

Sep 11, 2004, 00:57
Mmm, she also stated in an interview, to defend a comment that she chooses to sing 'soul' numbers that music doesn't 'belong' to anyone. Does that mean it has no history or significance beyond entertainment. Time to do some reading and listening beyond the rather derivative sound of your own voice and corporate PR team then Joss.
teddy boy
10 posts

Re: more of the same
Sep 11, 2004, 01:03
REAL people will still be making REAL music , and REAL people like us will still be listening to it in some form or other...
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Sep 11, 2004, 08:38
"Compared to Ray Davies, he's pants"

Not that ludicrous.
silogut
silogut
432 posts

Sebastian
Sep 11, 2004, 11:31
I saw them recently on tv playing one of their songs. I reckoned my Gran would have enjoyed them back in the days when the word gay meant jolly & Harold Macmillan promised "You have never had it so good".....

says it all really
silogut
silogut
432 posts

Sep 11, 2004, 11:36
I gotta say I like amy best, not least coz of her dig at Dido and I well I'd love to turk it
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index