Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Zolar X
Aug 25, 2004, 21:14
Uni?

Anyhoo, just listened to the mp3's and - although i was a bit nonplussed by the Dogs wonderment at it being on AT to start with - the first two track ARE the Dead Kennedys.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Aug 26, 2004, 03:21
Actually I've been very impressed by AT's recent releases . . . there was a japanese pop/hardcore (?) record by The Ex-Girls a few months back that was very cool . . . and not at all what you'd expect if you're thinking Dead Kennedys, Nomeansno, etc.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Aug 26, 2004, 09:25
The recent Flaming Stars & Slim Cessna releases are not what you'd expect either. But, both superb. Or, for that matter, The Fall.
Still one of my favourite label of all time.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Aug 26, 2004, 12:08
vesity -the computers I've used for the last 3 years belong to the local one where i got my degree and am still working on my MA at
Stevo
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Aug 26, 2004, 12:22
Ah, referring to yourself. I thought you were alluding to me and got very confused
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Aug 27, 2004, 04:31
Aye, the guy who runs THAT site is nuts . . . he seems to take Zolar X sortof SERIOUSLY!

. . .

"About Zolar X.:From what I know they didnt have a lot of groupies. General perception was, that they where too weird. The fact that they where heavy into the Bible didnt help either. Nobody was able to get that connection. But Zory did go on stage with a Bible under his arm.And later he became a preacher. Go figure....

( 70s invasion mgmt. )

a bible onstage ? how cool is that ? stay tuned for more revealations about the gospel according to Zolar - X :) "

(cue twilight zone theme)
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Bible on stage
Aug 27, 2004, 16:04
There's a story about Jeffrey Lee Pierce getting barred from playing some place cos he was being disrespectful to the bible he had onstage in we Got The Neutron Bomb.

Can't really remember it offhand.

That 70s invasion site also seems to talk heavily about both Xianity and Krsna. Very weird layout, like its only for the converted and wants to discourage the wrong people reading it.

Stevo
Np Meat Puppets Live The Mardi Gras Club, Phoenix - 30 June, 1981
http://www.wohlers.org/puppets/mardigras/
(since I now can play these things on these computers I might as well catch up eh? Its only in Windows Media player + I couldn't work out how to play stuff from the HH site.
Anybody know anywhere you can get hold of Wigwam Being as an online MP3?)
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Zolar X - review
Aug 29, 2004, 12:24
Reviewed at Aquarius Records....

http://www.aquariusrecords.org/
Hatondrunk
157 posts

Re: Bible on stage
Aug 29, 2004, 22:46
"Very weird layout, like its only for the converted and wants to discourage the wrong people reading it."

In ten years time kids will stumble over sites like this and be thrilled: "Wauw, it´s so 96!" and continue, "I really like these old school sites, they are so out-there, you know, when you are lucky to find one. Fuck, I wish I had been around in the begining, before the template designs took over". That was the days!

probably not :)
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

May 02, 2006, 13:17
Bump!
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index