Can/ soundtracks

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Bess Keloid
Bess Keloid
348 posts

Re: Tago Mago.
Aug 03, 2004, 21:30
I do like the 'breath' artwork on Tago Mago. It's got a great primitivist/brut (splash it all ovah!) aspect to it. The least appealing Can cover has to be 'Unlimited Edition' with Irmin's Don't Look Now coat. Gak!
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Re: Can/ soundtracks
Aug 04, 2004, 09:57
i found the image in question (awful revisionist Can lp cover) online in case anyone's interested:

http://block27.i-mag.ru/id=1503063.html

but i couldn't tell you what those other lps in the image are...at least not from the small image online
zuggog
286 posts

Re: Can/ soundtracks/new cover
Aug 04, 2004, 12:05
Yeh, that's the one. The new cover art is 2003 by Bastion Lem?? and includes wordsand pics.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 04, 2004, 19:05
I think one is In Search Of The Lost Chord.
Lugia
970 posts

Aug 04, 2004, 19:32
To me, it sort of screams "Russian Bootleg Edition"...I don't think this is something Can or Spoon or Hildegard would've approved of.
zuggog
286 posts

Aug 05, 2004, 11:47
Not everything that comes out of Russia is bootleg, or so I,ve been told. There,s a lot of really obscure german, danish etc etc stuff that would simply not be available if it wasn't for the rooskies. Good for them.
Lascivia
Lascivia
422 posts

Aug 05, 2004, 14:55
Like what? I can't think of any krautrock that's been legitimately reissued only by a Russian label.
zuggog
286 posts

Aug 05, 2004, 22:25
"legitimately reissued only by a russian label"
I guess that means you agree that there is stuff legitimately reissued in Russia.
Jenghis Khan,Frame,Message are a few I've got off Ebay and all seem to be off second life records, a russian outfit. i.e.Say's all rights reserved blah blah with original pressing labelBarclay, Kukuck 1971then their own2004
As I live neither in UK or USA obtaining some of this stuff can be rather expensive, especially from UK[ouch]
And I have got some things from USA which have been Russian manufactured.
Some sellers are obviously anti-rooskie as it cuts into the profit margin
And there ain't no Julian Cope cds coming out of russia, either!!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
konaman
konaman
533 posts

Re: Can t shirts
Aug 05, 2004, 22:56
I have the future days one...the logo is pretty big..whenI find it in the wardrobe, I'll measure it!
konaman
konaman
533 posts

Re: Tago Mago.
Aug 05, 2004, 23:00
I bought the UA vinyl in 72/73 with the live pic on the front..I always thought that was the original too...was the 'breath' sleeve a German release?
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index