Unsung Forum »
Can/ soundtracks

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
zuggog
286 posts

Can/ soundtracks
Aug 01, 2004, 05:57
What I was wondering is what all the album covers on this excellent cd are. Ín the wake of poseidon"and"foxtrot"are the only ones I know.
Was looking through alien fruit, lotsa cover art in there

Third time lucky for this message
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Re: Can/ soundtracks
Aug 01, 2004, 11:14
i'm afraid i don't understand your question
zuggog
286 posts

Aug 01, 2004, 23:11
The cover of the can cd 'soundtracks' is made up of various LP covers[the cover artwork] scattered around the cenral one.There are 7 covers , the only two I know are King Crimson and Genesis. It's been bugging me what the others are.
Perhaps Can are giving a nod to these groups?
This is a new Cd, perhaps the cover art is different to older ones.? ie also has pictures of briefcase full of lps etc etc Sorry the message didn't make sense, I had tried before and the damn thing f...ed up twice..that "hole'in the site that occassionally occurs
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2600 posts

Aug 01, 2004, 23:22
My CD of 'Soundtracks', bought only eight days ago from Selectadisc of Soho, has a really shite cover with hard-to-define pics of the band in what looks like cine-footage and a circular-effect lens, with the 'film' titles of the tracks scattered around it. No album covers as far as I can see. But then again, the cover designs of some of the Spoon CD's are different to their LP counterparts, e.g. 'Tago Mago' which is a completely different package. The original LP of that title has a megatastic live shot of the band (with Damo, natch) giving it rice. The CD insert is bollocks.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Aug 02, 2004, 05:44
I got the same version Fitter does -- no LP covers on mine either. Some sorta fish-eye film clip sphere thingy.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

FYI
Aug 02, 2004, 05:46
Mine sez "Made in Switzerland / Spoon CD005 1989" for what that's worth.
Lascivia
Lascivia
422 posts

Tago Mago.
Aug 02, 2004, 17:14
I think you're wrong about "Tago Mago". The current CD artwork is the same as the original LP release on UA, e.g. see:

http://www.cosmic-price-guide.com/index.htm

The LP with the concert photo on the cover was a later edition of the "Tago Mago" 2LP.

Also check the above website for the original Music Factory artwork for "Monster Movie".
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Aug 03, 2004, 03:20
The much skinned up on Soundtracks record cover from the late seventies was the same. I hope its still in the London attic with the rest of my records.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Tago Mago.
Aug 03, 2004, 14:38
I've always thought the live shot was the original. Maybe you're right and it was a later introduction and what I'm thinking is down to the reintrioduction of the Ghost/Breath (whatever) sleeve.
I'm not sure what that image is but I've always associated it with Spirit or breath.
Stevo
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Can t shirts
Aug 03, 2004, 14:41
Can I reask the question about the Mutebank Can t-shirts.
Are the designs on them oversmall? From the images visible on the website trhey look like they're pretty tichy except maybve for the FutUre Days one.
Was hoping for a chest size image.

Would also love to come across tshirts of the Jefferson Airplane lp sleeves BTW.
Stevo
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index