Unsung Forum »
KrautROCK

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
zuggog
286 posts

KrautROCK
May 01, 2004, 10:06
Have recently rediscovered Amon Duul and have been looking for more of the same, krautrock with guts. I find Tangerine Dream and the like too pussy,aren't we clever and intelligent. Heyyy, don't jump on me!! Personal taste only.
With the advent of all the reissues coming out of Russia [go you rooshkis] I got a couple of little beauties, Second life and Haze. Second life went on to be Tiger B Smith. Are the TBS cds as good as the first incarnation? Can any of you knowledgable folks out there put me onto similar stuff. Guru Guru are OK. I would be interested to know the other titles in German All Rock catalogue. Go, you good things.........
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: KrautROCK
May 01, 2004, 17:44
Brainticket is kinda pounding.

Faust is rawkus, but more in a Zappa-ish kinda way.

Early Can rocks, though by "Tago Mago" they were getting more ethereal/jazzy/funky.
Mr Altres
Mr Altres
140 posts

May 01, 2004, 19:13
First few Ashra Temple albums are pretty essential. Kluster and Neu! too. All early Popol Vuh an absolute must for sheer beauty. Cosmic Jokers albums are great also. Sounds like you'd enjoy Electronic meditation by Tangerine Dream, their first album and a one off. Conny Schnitzler, Klaus Schultze and Edgar Froese make big noise and it is good.
Brian

http:www.altres.co.uk
Lugia
970 posts

May 01, 2004, 20:19
You'll definitely need all three NEU! offerings. While there's some stuff on there that might not hit the spot you're aiming for, there's also tracks like "Negativland", "Lila Engel", and the whole of the second side of "NEU! 75" that'll take the top of your head clean off.

Also...Can's "Monster Movie", "Soundtracks", and "Tago Mago" are in the ballpark. Quite.

What else...ah, the first few Ash Ra Tempel albums, and in this case I _would_ include "Seven-up". "Lord Krishna von Goloka" also works here; the whole latter part of that is pretty nuts.

You might give "Cluster II" a whirl...electronic stuff, sure, but dark proto-industrial in this case, not like the 'Berlin school' stuff of that time.
Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day
779 posts

May 01, 2004, 21:54
Zuggog... Hi
Get yourself a copy of Tangerine Dream's Electronic Meditation, honestly :)
grade A psychedelia this one
and a true journey through a burning brain ;)
zuggog
286 posts

May 05, 2004, 00:02
Thanks for the input, am trying to procure some of this stuff and will post my views. Brainticket is on the way..........
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

May 05, 2004, 06:28
zuggog!

Brainticket will boggle yer noggin!

Enjoy! >8-)
Nat Hate
Nat Hate
445 posts

May 05, 2004, 08:40
Check out the thread started by me a few weeks back called "Beginner's Guide To Krautrock" or something. Everyone was a huge help and everything I've tried so far has been great. I'll try an bump it up if I get time later.
gorseddphungus
185 posts

May 05, 2004, 14:40
I am sure a search of the name krautrock on this forum will produce over 50 threads under that name... and there must be another 50 under the name Amon Duul...
these forums have a rich history and most has already been discussed somewhere before, I often go back in search of bands
XXX
GP
lordsitar
257 posts

May 05, 2004, 14:43
german oak are ok and try a band called armageddon bit rockish but some good tunes
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index