Unsung Forum »
Best Gig(s) you've been to......

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
timewind
148 posts

Re: Best Gig(s) you've been to......
Mar 24, 2004, 13:30
indeed.. I saw them at Buckley in Wales a few days earlier. a very strange superb experience with only a couple of hundred people their !

There comeback at the marque 1990/91 was also a remarkable concert.

Tx
TheBear
TheBear
981 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 13:30
Ooookay!

The Jam at Birmingham Bingley Hall in 1982 at the time the Falkands war shite was on. Absolutely brilliant! I was only 13 at the time and told me mum and dad I was doing homework round me mate's house :O)

Kraftwerk at the Birmingham Hummingbird around 90/91 I think. Robots!

Ooooh... and Nirvana at Reading!!! Nearly drowned in a sea of mud!

Jane's Addiction also at the Hummingbrd - RARK!

Bunnymen at various Birmingham Odean gigs... Porcupine tour a fond fave - bought the poster, t-shirt etc :O)

Going mad at Pop Will Eat Itself and helped nearly kick the floor in the night The Institute opened...

I'm all emotional now, must go and weep :'(
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Best Gig(s) ......over 30 years
Mar 24, 2004, 13:33
Ah yes, Pere Ubu - saw them at the ICA in, oooh, about 1978? They were wonderful.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

test department...
Mar 24, 2004, 13:44
....who did a show about a welsh poem which was about an army of Scots who came down to England and whUped there limey arses! haha!

they had all these actors fighting in kilts with car bonets as shields and rops wif nots and a big sand pit in a unused rail way fixing shed... A string section playing way up high in some scafolding ... and some nutter on an ax making feed back sounds while the poem was read out in welsh and naked ppl hung up in plastic bags hanging from meat hooks..............glasgow 1988 amazing gig!
Yali*
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

Simple Minds
Mar 24, 2004, 14:13
They were crap. Jim Kerr vomiting copiously was the highlight of their set.

I remember Ludus being damn good. Had forgotten about Gang of Four. Wonder where I was when they were on?
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

70s Pere Ubu?
Mar 24, 2004, 14:15
Ah man! Didn't get to see them till 'Cloudland'. They did 30 seconds of '30 Seconds...'. They timed it!
braindonor
braindonor
184 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 14:40
I have to second the Iron Maiden and Cramps shows mentioned by direwolf. However, I think I would add:
-Hawkwind in Toronto 1995
-Nick Cave in Toronto 1998
-The Grateful Dead in Buffalo, NY 1992
-Butthole Surfers in Toronto 1988
-Link Wray in Toronto 1999
-Super Furry Animals in Toronto 2004
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Cope Liverpool Royal Court about 1990?
Mar 24, 2004, 14:40
Yeah about then. He did a solo bit with a blue guitar which had a built in speaker, and he did a bit with the band. The setlist contained stuff from skellington. I can't remember much more. Just that t was wild.
braindonor
braindonor
184 posts

oops forgot
Mar 24, 2004, 14:43
Have to add the Black Sabbath reunion show, the show was average but we snuck into the venue and walked down to the floor!
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Mar 24, 2004, 14:55
Motorhead - Port Vale Heavy Metal Holocaust 1981
At their prime with a PA the size of a terrace of houses... Bomber lighting rig and No Sleep Till Hammersmith at No1.

Hawkwind - Stonehenge 1984
The gig they were born to play! I learned that only a brave man mixes Nik Turner and acid!

Gaye Bikers on Acid - Acid Daze, Finsbury Park 1987
First time I'd ever heard of them n' they blew me away. The dirty, sleezy early 12" singles Everything's Groovy Baby n' Nosedive Karma are still classics!

The Stranglers - Wolverhampton Civic Hall (1989 or 90??)
Hugh Cornwell's last tour.... still had the same energy as when I saw them in 1981.

Virtually Fat Freez - The Falcon, Camden 1991
A mate's band. Chris the bass player was coming up on acid as they came on stage n' tried to kick a speaker stack over. The bar staff rushed out n' bundled him off stage... prestigious London gig blown, we had to restrain him all the way back up to Norwich to stop him leaping out the back doors of Nick's ambulence!

Rolling Stones - Wembly Stadium 1995
Excellent, just excellent!

Also...
Eek-a-mouse - Cleopatra's, Huddersfield 1982 (I think?)
Faith No More - Nottingham Rock City 1990
The Levellers - Cambridge Strawberry Fair 1991
Gong - Norwich Waterfront 1991
Tricky - Norwich UEA 1997
Asian Dub Foundation - Norwich Waterfront 2000
Chemical Brothers - Glastonbury 2000
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index