Unsung Forum »
JOHN LYDON on 'I'm a celeb......'

Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 110 11 12 13 14 15 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Red Lead
32 posts

Re: I repent
Feb 09, 2004, 08:54
Yeah, he's a big marine life fan - he fancied seeing some great white sharks. Putting up with Andre's singing probably made facing up to a great white seem like a stroll in the park...
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

point scoring
Feb 09, 2004, 13:32
"Well I wasnt....I was questioning the "Darkness in the SUN!" BAAAAAD! "John Lydon in Sun!" IS OK! two faced bollocks."

Was this some kind of swipe. I don't remember defending John Lydon's actions on IACGMOH in anyway, let alone him appearing in The Sun(Was this a paid interview or will they sponsoring one of his tours?) Lydon can be entertaining but as the years have gone by he feels the need to make a greater & greater Cock out of himself. He is someone who can amuse & also infuriate you as well. Having said that he has produced plenty of classic music & great art. Where as The Darkness are a parody of parody. A kind of musical 'Dude where's my car' to 'Bill & Ted' who are yet to produce any worthwhile.

The Darkness really should have been consigned to 'Novelty One Hit Wonder' Status. They are the type of band that has been trying to chase the next big indie thing for years.

Hands up how many people owning The Darkness album also bought The Babylon Zoo album?
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: point scoring
Feb 09, 2004, 15:31
I can't help it, but I feel that Lydon appearing in The Sun IS worse than The Darkness doing it. Don't get me wrong. I think ANYONE endorsing The Sun or using it to further their career is pretty much selling their grandmother. The thing is The Darkness are a tongue-in-cheek homage/parody (depending on your angle). They're entertainment and don't profess to be anything else. The Pistols on the other hand were a major part of a social revolution, in the UK at least. They stood for something that scared the government and establishment figures. They spoke up against political hypocrisy and provided a voice and movement for a nation's disillusioned youth. The Sun on the other hand has always been first in line to attack such movements and people's freedom to speak not only what they want, but to speak THE TRUTH. I find it harder to take that Lydon could talk to Scum like that, even if he tells himself it's for charridy. The Darkness I can easily believe don't give a fuck about any favours they could be doing The Sun. Still, one of the things Lydon did prove by doing that programme is that he isn't predictable and will do things which piss people like me off who sometimes expect something else from him.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: Future Contenders..........
Feb 09, 2004, 15:48
Hahah! The Genesis P Orridge idea's a great one.
Similar possibilities include John Balance, Chris Morris, Courtney Love, Steven Berkoff, Grace Jones, Rik Mayall, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed (that last one just made me lol - Lou Reed in the jungle! Hahaha!)
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Re: point scoring
Feb 09, 2004, 16:17
Any one appearing in The Sun is a C*nt. I don't know where Moon Cat got the idea from that I would think otherwise and make special allowances for Lydon. Lydon has often been embarrassing for years now, but occaissonaly can raise a laugh.

I only respect Lydon for what he did in the late 70s and early 80s & he must embarrass quite a few old punks.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Feb 09, 2004, 20:37
Walk on the Wild Side,indeed!
James Aswell
21 posts

Feb 09, 2004, 22:18
He'd probably go on about New York being more of
a jungle etc etc...
keith a
9572 posts

Feb 10, 2004, 00:47
it makes me wonder how I keep from going under...

huh huh ; )
Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 110 11 12 13 14 15 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index