Unsung Forum »
Unrecognizable Cover Versions

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dwight Fried
543 posts

Re: THE RESIDENTS!!
Jan 14, 2004, 01:37
Oooohh-was introduced to3rd RnR by a friend when we were under the influence of Robitussin DM one night-still get woozy whenever I hear it!
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Re: Unrecognizable Cover Versions
Jan 14, 2004, 10:52
I love Dinosaur Jr's version of Just Like Heaven - where can I hear The Boy with the Thorn in his Side? I didn't know about that.

x
Riddley Walker
174 posts

Jan 14, 2004, 14:36
Its on 'Martin and me' which is actually a J Mascis solo acoustic recording of Dinosaur Jr and other songs.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Shockabilly
Jan 14, 2004, 20:05
Good to see someon's mentioned Shockabilly. My favourite of all their cover versions is their rendition of "A Hard Day's Night" on "The Dawn Of Shockabilly" EP. It's even more hilariously unhinged than Peter Sellers' version, and that's saying something.
keith a
9565 posts

Re: Shockabilly / Bolan
Jan 14, 2004, 20:33
think they did a version of Life's A Gas, too. Considering veirtually nobody had covered Bolan songs in his life time, they didn't half get down to business once he'd gone.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

just remembered...
Jan 24, 2004, 10:52
Flying Saucer Attack - Suede's the Drowners
Pussy Galore - Exile on Main Street lp
Quickspace - Rumours lp (as Dougal Reed)

All fantastic versions of records that I'm not that bothered about in the first place.

x
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Excuse me...
Jan 24, 2004, 11:16
Sorry to crash this thread...

I can't be arsed reading the entire thread at the moment (will do later) but while I think of it - has anyone mentioned http://www.coversproject.com/artist/ yet?

It's a massive database of cover versions and covered versions. It's great, mon! Quite revelatory in places. The Fall (*yawn* - sorry!) have a masive entry...

Ooh! The Smiths on the radio - gotta go!

G
x
Bess Keloid
Bess Keloid
348 posts

Jan 24, 2004, 22:30
Jason, most of those you listed are perfectly recognisable. Good on you for getting Fatima Mansions in there, tho'.
Bess Keloid
Bess Keloid
348 posts

Jan 24, 2004, 22:31
Regarding Associates covers... you left out 'God Bless The Child' from the BBC Sessions CD.
Bess Keloid
Bess Keloid
348 posts

Re: Bongwater
Jan 24, 2004, 22:33
They also covered 'Kisses Sweeter Than Wine', in dedication to every friend of theirs who had died of AIDS-related illnesses.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index