Unrecognizable Cover Versions

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Unrecognizable Cover Versions
Dec 22, 2003, 09:13
Would that be the double A-side single with the Manic Street Preachers which just happened to go to No 1? Well, don't you forget it.

>rabid mansions fan<
(not really any other kind to be is there?)

I suppose their version of Shiny Happy People was fairly unrecognisable too (do 'rap' versions count?) While we're on a Cathal Coughlan tip, Bubonique's Sean "fucken" Hughes vocalled version of Release the Bats in a Sinatra stylee is different. They also did Jelly Pop Perky Jean...
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Killdozer!
Dec 22, 2003, 09:19
The Goo Goo Dolls did a version of it once. Never heard it, so couldn't tell you it it's the one you're thinking of, though.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Dec 22, 2003, 09:20
The other b-side by Killdozer to get has gotta be 'Nasty' by Janet Jackson. The music's almost the same by transformed by the Killdozer fella (michael something) singing.
'My names not baby - it's Janet, Miss Jackson if you're nasty'

x
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Dec 22, 2003, 09:23
No, but I've got it on a tape somewhere - if I can dig it out I'll let you know. One of those bands called Maximum Overkill, Total Death Assault, something like that. I wanna hear it now - it was great!

x
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Michael Gerald's Party Machine Presents
Dec 22, 2003, 09:27
I like their ep with (the wonderous and now reformed) Alice Donut. "Age Of Aquarius" is pretty recognisable, though. don't know the originals of "Every Christian Lion Hearted Man Will Tell You" or "Conquistador", so couldn't comment. Damn good record, though.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Re: Michael Gerald's Party Machine Presents
Dec 22, 2003, 12:27
Great band too. 'Hi there' and 'King of sex' are two of my all time faves.

x
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Michael Gerald's Party Machine Prese
Dec 22, 2003, 12:31
I've been listening to "Dead River" from Revenge Fantasies of the Impotent a lot this year. Everyone should've written a song about the first Gulf War - they could now look suitably prophetic
torpedo
95 posts

Re: Unrecognizable Cover Versions
Dec 22, 2003, 12:42
Devo's version of Satisfaction is a bit strange.
keith a
9570 posts

Dec 22, 2003, 12:53
yeah it was great, think i've got about 30 secs of it on the end of a tape!

thanx. if you do find out who it was, pleas let me know - it's been bugging me for AGES!!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Michael Gerald's Party Machine Presents
Dec 22, 2003, 13:15
Holy fuck! I gotta hear their version of Christian lion Hearted! The original has to be the best thing the Bee Gees ever recorded!
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index