VOTE HERE part 2 - Top 500 albums poll

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Re: VOTE HERE part 2 - Top 500 albums poll
Jan 03, 2004, 16:11
In no order whatsoever (this was hard enough as it is let alone ranking them too)just moments in time.

Peggy - Julian Cope
Increase the Pressure-Conflict
Music-The Music
The Decline of British Sea Power-British Sea Power
Sing the Sorrow-AFI
Thunder and Consolation-New Model Army
Best of..-The Icicle Works
Ritual De Lo Habitual-Janes Addiction
Gods Own Medicine-The Mission
The Nephilim-Fields of the Nephilim
Nevermind-Nirvana
R- Queens of the Stone Age
Terminally Groovy-Neds Atomic Dustbin
It's Time To See Who's Who-Conflict
Penis Envy-Crass
Dessert Orchid-Crazyhead
First and Last-Sisters Of Mercy
Eight Legged Groove Machine-Wonderstuff
Script Of The Bridge-The Chameleons
Box Frenzy-Pop Will Eat Itself
Time Flys...-Sub-Hu-Mans
Autogeddon-Julian Cope
Disintergration-The Cure
Greatest Story Ever Told-Balaam & The Angel
All About Eve -All About Eve

8o) notd
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Jan 03, 2004, 16:13
bugger,should of put some Ants in there too.

8o( notd
keith a
9570 posts

Re: In fact
Jan 03, 2004, 17:05
LIKE IT!

I'd like to nominate Bolan's Zip Gun, or does that nomination now disqualify my nomination ; )
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: In fact 2
Jan 03, 2004, 17:42
How about only including albums that have never been released, by artists that never existed? Would love to see how Nathan Wallop and the Kiddie Fiddlers' "Two-Way Fistf***" did, myself...
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re : Albums that only got one vote
Jan 03, 2004, 17:44
Really? 659? I'm surprised there are that many.
Wasn't suggesting compiling those as a ranked list, but I just thought it might be interesting to see what some people consider to be hidden treasures...
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jan 03, 2004, 19:23
put em in your pants!
Petermaxx
17 posts

Re: Status with only a couple days left
Jan 03, 2004, 19:35
Oops. Appears I may have stepped on somebody's toes. Didn't mean to stir things up any more than they needed to be. :)

Having worked on it, you are in a better position to know whether the lower reaches of the list would be of any value to us. It just seemed to me conceptually that knowing, say, Sgt. Pepper's is in the top ten would be less interesting than discovering The Appletree Theater's Playback came in at number 187.

Having made my opinion known, I'm sure I speak for many others in saying that I appreciate the efforts.

BTW, if you are at all inclined towards music of the kind, the Sugababes are not that bad.
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Jan 03, 2004, 19:40
wooo,cheeky !!!

8oP notd
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Status with only a couple days left
Jan 03, 2004, 19:56
Quite alright friend! Like I said I was mostly joking . . . (there was a minor "troll fire" when the poll started.)

But basically you've got the crux of it -- the top 10 are going to be albums almost everyone knows by heart. Way down the list are things people will be less familiar with. I've already learned quite a bit from some of the selections.

And the more I dig through it the more interesting stuff I'm finding on the "one vote only" list -- (ever heard of HMS Bounty?)

I think the issue with the "reject pile" is that as it is it's just a long list of album titles without any info attached. If you saw a list of 700 albums, what would draw your attention to HMS Bounty as one worth exploring?
Jasonaparkes
Jasonaparkes
876 posts

Jan 03, 2004, 20:34
So many I could have put in...hard to say whether it would be 39 Minutes, Lost in the Former West, or Viva Dead Ponies. Or Crooked Mile, Black River Falls...and so on...

hey, no one has to agree or even like reviews- even I disagree with myself from time to time...
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index