Jacko is at it again (uh oh)

128 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: Hiding in plain sight
Nov 21, 2003, 18:05
"Just think if he never had all that surgery and he looked like a normal 45 year old man, and he liked to spend his free time sleeping with 12-14 year old GIRLS. Would anyone believe it was non-sexual?"

I am not interested in Michael Jackson, but I'm interested in anthropology, and the moment any adult is 'suspected' of spending time with children other than their own it is VERY likely in our culture that sex will be at the top of the list of questions.

Children need to be protected from sex offenders, but equally adults need to be able to be around children without the constant finger being pointed. That has nothing to do with Miachael Jackson per se, just my disgust at the general state of culture that seems to be getting more media-evil daily.

Having taught 11-18 yr olds, I know (for example) *exactly* the daily horror that is a (special needs) teacher's life in today's culture. He/She (usually 'he') are terrified to be alone with a child for even a few seconds. One false accusation or misperception could mean the end of a meaningful life. When this happens to someone caring and innocent, the injustice is of course every bit as vile and unfortunate as that of the molested child. Of course, the general mindset generated by righteous outrage at paedophiles means that there will be "collateral damage" where innocent adults are sentenced to a life in jail or ostracised and reviled for the remainder of their days. We are 'pro-actively' alert for paedophiles, which is very different than being re-actively alert of, say, murderers. It's a sick culture we have, from our attitudes to sex, to our attitudes to life. We put people like Jackson (remember he just sings a tune and dances) in a position of plainly mind-boggling wealth and deify him, and then expect him to behave like a 'normal' person. Now I hear people saying "He's weird, it doesn't suprise me"

ARGH!
What a fucking mess, whether he is guilty or not, the public will LOVE the show.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index