Unsung Forum »
Head Heritage 50 worst bands

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: okely dokely
Aug 28, 2003, 20:21
well yeah....but I was just of a mind that what with all the recent bad vibement and discord (& dat chord arf!) and general "boo- hissness" around these parts, I think I'd prefer to channel my energies into raving about something wot I like than the reverse if you catch one's drift. Fair play to peep's wanna do the gripe thing and some of it's pretty funny...just seems a bit ...I dunno...mmmnnyyah.

BTW if you were to look at my NMErelated (and others) scribbling and gibblement it's usually to say good things as well, though if I do the gripe thing I gotta say I think I get more of a kick doing it on the letters pages of thee muzik meeja than in this comfy salon de Rock. 8^)
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: okely dokely
Aug 29, 2003, 10:47
Indeed Moonie. you could be right on the positivity thing this time. I mean it was only in this very thread that someone was taking a cheap swipe at Tom Waits....oh....hmmmm

;oP
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

It Bites
Aug 29, 2003, 15:19
<What was ever wrong with It Bites....>

Could it be something to do with the fact that they released the most cheesy, pompous, ham-fisted and downright annoying single of the 80s with "Calling All The Heroes"? No offence intended Fitter, but to my ears even Robbie Williams has never relased anything that bad. Plus at least all those manufactured boy bands don't actually have the gall to take themselves seriously whilst making music which is no less corny than the chart pop they claim to despise?

For the record, I'm no kneejerk anti-prog rocker. I could listen to the Groundhogs, Man, Van Der Graff Generator or early Soft Machine any time. Even had a sneaking fondness for the Cardiacs once. But It Bites? C'mon....
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Head Heritage 50 worst bands
Aug 29, 2003, 15:23
Perhaps that old Comic Strip episode about the miners' strike (which I believe Elton co-wrote) will finally become a reality. Can't wait for Michael Crawford as Arthur Scargill...
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Aug 29, 2003, 15:28
Oi! Elton had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the Comic Strip at all. I don't even think he appeared in it, ever.
morfe lux
301 posts

Walk the walk
Aug 29, 2003, 15:30
"I could listen to the Groundhogs, Man, Van Der Graff Generator or early Soft Machine any time. "

Oh yeah?! Cahm ohrrrn, lets be 'avin iiiiiiiT!

;-)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Aug 29, 2003, 15:31
Well, I'm no statistician, but according to my calculations ... Rush are at number one, just edging out Genesis by a one-vote margin. Must admit, I quite like "Spirit Of Radio" meself, but there goes...

ELP, Yes, Duran Duran and Phil Collins are all doing pretty well too.... Oh, and can I just add one final nomination?

U2. Grrrrrr........
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Aug 29, 2003, 15:32
Surely Phill Collins should count with Genesis? Nudging them into the top place.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Aug 29, 2003, 15:34
indeed U2 are one of my un-favourites.

The same cannot be said of Yes, ELP and Rush however. These three are amongst my firm favourites. I always suspected I had a sick mind...
morfe lux
301 posts

Aug 29, 2003, 15:45
On the way down to Alton Rd with my chiqueolita, in the knackered ford , last week, listening to the ROCKClassics station that we have dubbed "what time is it? Rock O'clock!!", all ofasuddenness, 'The Spirit of Radio' came on, and I smiled the biggest smile. Not saying it has 'merit', not saying it's not this or that, or it is anything else, it just took me immediately back to my scaggy 15yr old self at my first concert, and justfor that moment the air 'crackled with life' and I felt young again. (sob) *
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index