August Album of the Month

113 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Ok..I'm REEEALLY SORRY
Aug 03, 2003, 20:21
Am I fuck.
Perhaps I wasn't too clear in my anger and I apologise for this.

So I shall put it like this instead.
Mr Cope went at lengths, with nice pictures to boot ,and a fair amount of effort to write about a Van Halen bootleg with extra information and some florid words about rock and roll. It's there, that's all it is.

As I undstand it, and please correct me if I'm wrong, no one is legally obliged to read it or indeed act upon it. The immediate response from Murray & Stray was scorn along the "go to hell" lines. How charming.

The scorn was derived from Cope posting about a band and genre they do not like. How dare he?! For all their moaning so far about how some of us are apparently getting at THEM for not liking Van Halen (And for the record I really X 10 couldn't give a gibbon's spunk whether you do or not), it seems to have passed them by that they threw the first stone. Cope reviewed something we dont like ;"GO TO HELL!"
What next! Is he gonna review something else I don't like?!! WHAT you mean they ACTUALLY SOLD SOME RECORDS?! CAPITALIST DOGS OF THE WEST!!

I dont care whether Cope posted it, you did, I did or The Right Revrend Jasper BumGrapes did and I dont care whether it was about some obscure Krautrock artifact or S Club 7; you both attacked and went off one one cos its the review wasnt in your remit.

I wonder if say Murray had posted an review on Unsung and had recieved a "go to Hell" for his efforts how he would have felt? Would not the matter of plain rudeness crossed his mind? Recommending something on Usung isn't a gun to the head, it's presenting an option. The door is open, you dont have to walk thru it.

Oh and you know Stray...being told to fuck off by you isn't upsetting....it's an HH rites of passage and the sound of inevitability.
Between telling everyone to usually "sort it out" cos Stray is the Way....well good for you but no thanx.

And what have I ever contributed to a debate? Yeah you're right...so tata
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index