August Album of the Month

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Spaceship mark
Spaceship mark
1686 posts

Re: We all have our guilty pleasures
Aug 01, 2003, 23:34
As a former teenage metal head I have to say that inspite of 10 years of denial some of that music was good. Ages ago I wrote a review of Number of the Beast by Iron Maiden on Unsung (it's still there if u search). I spoke to Julian about it and he said that, although it wasnt his thing, it was unsung IN OUR CIRCLE. I love that record. After being into me techno and stuff for a while i realised that if the music stirs you then its good.
Most of the crap guitar music about now dont stir me but put on 'Run to the Hills' and I'm rocking. One CANNOT be snooty about music. If it rocks, IT ROCKS.

so there
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: We all have our guilty pleasures
Aug 01, 2003, 23:37
Rush! Ha! I've had All the world's a Stage and one CD of a "best of" comp on a lot lately! makes me feel like I'm really annoying the neighbours! Very nostalgic for me too..
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: :-(
Aug 01, 2003, 23:56
Thanx Squid but fukem to be honest.
Soz Squid , but like I have been saying on here for ages....its seems to be a lot easier, and fucking posier, to fuckn slag off music, or peoples taste in music, than to actually recommend stuff which I thought was the the actual reason of Unsung for being.

All for difference of opinion and so on, absolutely, the oil that greases the wheels yeah,....but when it comes to just being a dozy, ill informed twat, about stuff....Nah...lets do this properly or not at all.
Angry Cat
Holy McGrail
Holy McGrail
1257 posts

Re: yeah well
Aug 02, 2003, 00:00
Dear Squid,

If you read my posts you'll see I have no problem with anyone's opinions on the subject. But I do object to totally unjustified attacks on anyone's character, especially publically and on someone who's not here to defend themselves (and it's a bloody good job he doesn't look at these forums). 'Oooo, well, let him defend himself", might well mince our Murray or Stray, flapping and fanning their faces to try and calm themselves down from the utter stinky shock of Van Halen entering their consciousness. But Julian has just written 2000+ odd words of justification on the subject so if these suckers are gonna contest his viewpoint with any credibility they are genuinely gonna have to out-do him on it or shut the fuck up.

Fuck liberalism!
joudicaa
joudicaa
325 posts

Re: yeah well
Aug 02, 2003, 00:07
well let em get on with it, and stop holding em back.they are big enough to fight their own battles.
IronMan
IronMan
601 posts

Re: ;-)
Aug 02, 2003, 00:50
aye, indeed :-)
IronMan
IronMan
601 posts

Re: Ohh Cope likes rock boo hoo poo poo
Aug 02, 2003, 00:54
Mooncat - you are the best matey.

Fucking right fucking on!!!! :-)
IronMan
IronMan
601 posts

Aug 02, 2003, 00:57
Hey Murray - stop fucking going around accusing all and sundry of bum-licking! Some of us actually *do* like this stuff, without feeling like we need your seal of approval.

:-)
IronMan
IronMan
601 posts

Aug 02, 2003, 01:00
I'm really sorry for the gratuitous fucking swearing, by the way, I've had a lot to drink toniiiight!!!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: :-(
Aug 02, 2003, 03:44
And what I mean by that is this....difference of opinion oh yes.....but what exactly did Murray & Stray offer apart from a mardy arsed "I don' like it mum!"
Does us no good, Cope no good and them no good.
Boo Hoo!
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index