Aug 01, 2003, 20:01
Exactly. And how could you call Van halen Unsung
Holy McGrail
Holy McGrail
1257 posts

Re: Missing Graphic?
Aug 01, 2003, 21:31
Fucking hell guys,

Have your opinions by all means but I don't see why you have to make it personal.

If Julian got wind of that kind of unconsidered response he'd probably just have me shut the site down. What's the fucking point in him investing any of his time writing that stuff if you're just gonna slag him off simply because you don't like the bands in question? And, no doubt, can't even be arsed to read the review?

Surprised and affronted by the fact that he's into Van Halen? Fuck, have you heard Brain Donor?

You don't have to get it, you don't have to agree with it. But you certainly don't have to slag the guy off for it. Sometimes I wonder why half the fucking people on this site are actually here.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Ohh Cope likes rock boo hoo poo poo
Aug 01, 2003, 21:50
To Murray & Stray...
Actually if you'd be actually arsed to look instead of just grasping the shaft and marvelling at ones own insular visions of what rock SHOULD BE, you'd see Cope has championed KISS fuckn ages ago on this site.
Years before you stared kvetching about it

Look, you get it or you dont. YOU dont, so arse to you and thanx for turning up.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: ;-)
Aug 01, 2003, 21:51
Well said that man
Murray
191 posts

Aug 01, 2003, 22:35
Oooh, we wouldn't want to upset Mr Cope...oh come on!!!!! I'm sure he can take a little criticism. I come here (sorry to be in the way Holy!) to talk about decent music and things that are worth talking about.....and when someone - whose music taste i have admired and been interested to hear about in the past - starts reccommending Van Halen, Judas Priest and Big Ozzy, then i'm not gonna take it lying down - its time to re-educate the bugger! This is the guy who in the past has talked excitedly about Krautrock, Psychedelia, Garage etc etc, and is now waxing lyrical about crap heavy metal!!!!! AND how ANYONE (Holy McGrail!) can compare Brain Donor to Van fucking Halen, i don't know - so clean out your ears and listen again - fuckin hell!!!!

Ok, each to their own....listen to what you want to....thats what i have always done...but as Stray suggests, maybe its a mid life crisis thats making him reccommend this crap. I always thought that Copey was a sane man playing a loony, but now i get the feeling he's finally flipped!

No more of the bum lick crap Moon Cat.....i come here cos i like it, and i have an opinion...big deal!
Holy McGrail
Holy McGrail
1257 posts

Aug 01, 2003, 22:50
Murray,

Seriously: why *should* you take it lying down? Write 2000 words on why the first four Van Halen albums are cack and post it on here. Or shut the fuck up. But if you intend to re-educate the bugger (and the rest of us clueless metaloids) you'd better do it properly or not do it all.

Brain Donor even COVER Atomic Punk so how you can miss the references, I truly don't fucking know. I suggest you phone an ambulance and clean your ears out with a double-neck (but only after doing your 2000 words).
Rev Matt
26 posts

We all have our guilty pleasures
Aug 01, 2003, 23:03
Van Halen? I bought the first two albums back in junior high school. I sold them during my first semester at college for a bus ticket home to catch The Cramps. As the eighties progressed I felt free to openly listen to lots of albums that I made sure stayed hidden when friends came over. By '85 I was playing Ted Nugent, Aerosmith, Skynard and Kiss once again. But Van Halen never made it into my rotation again. But who am I to talk? Right now I'm really getting into Rush, even their eighties hits like "Spirit of The Radio".
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

steady on HHers
Aug 01, 2003, 23:15
erm, I don't actually like the Van Halen stuff Julian is obviously into, but I defend his right to champion it. We all like differnt music, and this place is a fine place to introduce others to our own little foibles.

Chill Holes, everyone here will thrash this out in detail, and a reasonable synopsis will inevitably occur. Without these strong emotions this site would be nothing! Bring on the fan raves, bring on the enthusiasm, bring on the disgust at what other people like! bring on the eclectic taste which everyone else thinks is uncool! I love Yes for gawdesses sake! and Pain Killer mind you, but that's another story...

Peace and Noise,
Squid
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: yeah well
Aug 01, 2003, 23:21
No its not bum lick you dozy fuck but thanks for your short sighted , buttchunk view anyhoo. Mr Cope frequently recommends stuff I haven't a hope in hearing, let alone buying such is its obscurity. I certainly don't hold Mr Cope's word as gospel on music of any form though I find it informed in certain areas.

And if you wegded your head out of your ass for 5 non-cred minutes, I am seconding the Cope vote on certain musical issues cos I , myself, like the music therein , do YOU SEE?

You are a souless music critic and I claim my reward.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: yeah well
Aug 01, 2003, 23:34
>holds mooncat's shoulders<

now ateady on there my feline freind...methinks these people do not get the full picture...think on and be free. Mr Cope has been open in his opinions of RAWK and I don't think he can be criticised on that front.

However, I do enjoy the hack and slash of diverse opinion on this site, and would be loath to cut the filthy tongue of bilious criticism...spit on music fans...
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index