Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

bah.
Jul 06, 2003, 20:41
Led Zeppelin rocked.

Jimmy Page played Dazed and Confused.

He wore satin black flares with dragons on and looked about as louche as anyone could.

He played it really fast and it sounded really quite splendid.

John Bonham was a machine of monstrous drummage, inspiration and commitment.

John Paul Jones had the best bowl cut and played wickedly fabulous bass, especially on Dazed and Confused live. I like his organ playing. It sounded dead mystikal.

Robert Plant was a Godlike and jokey working class crooner of celtic and nobular import. He had both the courage and naivete to sing about having his lemon squeezed. He did 'call and answer' squealy things with Jimmy pages guitar, and had a great faux-american accent and swagger, but came from Stourbridge and liked the countryside, and no doubt a pint or a spliff or an attractive laydee.

Led Zeppelin played me millions through their adolescence, and it made me happy for one.

So shut up all you boring muso-fascists!! Yes we know that punk is supposed to world-changing righteous enema-effect on us, and I for one rate MC5 highly highly highly, BUT, LED ZEPPELIN ROCKED!! And they were English, as am I, and they make me feel patriotic in a dewy-eyed 'we showed the yanks' way. So arse.
Dah dah dha dhahdhdhahn dahn.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index