Congestion Charging

67 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

hackney
Feb 18, 2003, 13:00
i have lived in hackney up until recently for about 10 years and so haven't been affected by this recent charging thing. it has two sides - since all the people who can't afford to live in islington and cambden or trendy hoxton/stoke newington have moved in parking has gotten totally chaotic in hackney and something needs to be done. The other side is - £90 is a lot of dosh and hackney having been such a poor borough for so long they might also be looking to raise some cash, I mean the borough nearly went bankrupt about two years ago. I had a number of neighbours n'stuff you were really badly affected - electrician of 12 yrs made redundant with less than the legal minimum due to a loop hole whilst the borough was in administration (type thingy) and park keepers told not allowed to buy diesil for quite a while. How much would it cost to set up a means test scheme or administer s concessions thing tho' you know leek working famileies tax credit gets you 50%, exemption for disablilites registration and similar must be in place. If there is anywhere where people with low paid jobs live hackney will be one of em. and the public transport is terrible, over an hour by bus from clapton pond to victoria, no tube in the borough and no hope of getting in the east of the borough

Hackney is a mess, a lovely one, but a mess. It has won awards tho for social care delivery etc tho and erp .. well like I said I love it

hey motorbike anti-congestion power!!!!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index