Congestion Charging

67 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: Congestion Charging
Feb 18, 2003, 12:39
OK, I concede that there should be more flexibility in who is liable for congestion charging and more exceptions (people who knock-off from nightshifts at 8am and drive OUT of the zone at peak time for example), but being poorly paid doesn't in itself make it OK to drive into London, people should have to prove that their car is essential for their job (say, teachers with huge numbers of books to carry), then given a discount or exemption. I hope that something like this may come in at some stage, but can see that the admin would have been too much of a nightmare to administer at the moment. So, I do agree with you to some extent. But I'm sorry I really don't have much sympathy for people on 21 grand pa who can afford to run a car and just don't like the idea of sitting on a tube. They aren't gonna get me worrying when I'm earning a lot less, can't afford a car, always use public transport and find it absurd that some people think because you have a bag to carry then they need to take a ton of metal into the city centre.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index