Spearmint Rhino

63 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Spearmint Rhino
Dec 10, 2002, 09:54
We got a Spearmint Rhino opening up on Saturday in the middle of town – in the ‘Cultural Industries Quarter’ no less. Obviously this has created something of a stink, not least because of the absolutely massive amount of postering they’ve done to advertise it (all in the best possible taste as I’m sure you can imagine). So there’s a meeting about it tonight, and ‘what should be done’. This looks set to be a fascinating ding dong with liberals/Christians/many feminists likely to turn up and simply demand it’s closed down, and wanting to demonstrate against anyone who might consider going inside such a place (including the women workers themselves), and another bunch of people who want to unionise the workers (there is a section in the GMB) and pretty much leave it at that, and a bunch of people who want to do ‘something’ but aint sure what.

I probably fit mostly into the last category – I think the workers should be unionised, something which could end the worst abuses and excesses within the industry, and slightly turn the view of sex work around, and I’d certainly be up for defacing/subvertising the posters (hopefully with something better than just ‘global pimp’, but hey ho).

What do you think?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index