11 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Sep 23, 2021, 11:51
Re: Afghanistan
Sep 23, 2021, 11:49
thispoison wrote:

If the Republicans can prevail in 2022 - and assuming he is still in office - Biden must be impeached.

Which would be fucking great!

While it would indeed be great, I'm less optimistic than you that a Republican majority in the House would do anything to stop (or even slow down) the train wreck that is America. Assuming they did try to impeach Biden, it wouldn't be for the politically damning offenses you listed, but instead for something meaningless, like not being "tough enough" on China, or lying about an affair, etc. The real powers that operate behind the curtain would remain untouched.

In 2016, with Trump, Brexit, and Wikileaks, it did seem like the West was on the verge of a fundamental and positive change. I still think we will get there eventually, but the process will be much slower than I hoped - taking several decades most likely. But in the meantime, the endless Republican and Democratic tug of war in the US is just a ruse to keep us distracted, similar to the "Bread and Circuses" of the collapsing Roman Empire.

U-Know! Forum Index