All In It Together

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

All In It Together
Dec 17, 2020, 13:00
From BBC News:

"The government is promising to focus less on race, religion, sexual orientation and disability as it overhauls its equality policy.

Minister Liz Truss will say the debate on making society more equal has been dominated by "fashion" and not "facts".

... discrimination laws should also take into account people's social background and "character" ... she will urge "right-thinking people" to "fight for fairness"."

What a fine administration this is.

Mind you, it is Liz Truss ...
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: All In It Together
Dec 17, 2020, 13:20
Well I believe everything she says.

"As Trade Secretary I see the world is waiting. The Australians, the Americans, the Kiwis, the Japanese - they all want us to get Brexit done so that we can begin negotiations and forge new relationships that will open up new markets for British businesses, create jobs and attract new investment."
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Edited Dec 17, 2020, 16:50
Dec 17, 2020, 15:25
I stand corrected.

What was I thinking? They're not referred to as right and honourable for nothing.

EDIT: In relation to some Tory twat breaking Covid rules, "The PM has been clear throughout the pandemic that it's vital for everybody to abide by the rules in order to suppress the virus and therefore protect the NHS and save lives."

Er ...
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dec 18, 2020, 08:47
I agree, he's played a blinder. Eton and Bullingdon. Class counts.
common era
865 posts

Dec 22, 2020, 14:26
Ah, thank the sky gods for Liz Truss. She seemed quite pleased with her announcement here:

https://youtu.be/bRhlRM6rYck
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Dec 22, 2020, 18:51
Liz Truss - providing support for Boris' bollox.
U-Know! Forum Index