Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: THE DISEASE
Jun 01, 2021, 14:48
nigelswift wrote:
"People's Human Rights remain intact".

But where are the Human Rights of those who may be infected by those who opt to have no jab? Shouldn't "freedom" be constrained according to its effect, not be claimed as an absolute right? Freedom to speed past a school is hardly valid.

No-one is suggesting speeding past a school. That appears to be your suggestion. I would suggest that neither yourself nor anyone else reading this should speed past a school.

nigelswift wrote:
By the same token, people who wish to claim their freedom to have no vaccine should stay at home (and taking it to the nth degree, refuse to use NHS resources if the virus unluckily drifts through their window.)

I think people whose immune systems are so ruined by underlying diseases and life-threatening conditions should stay at home and remain inside behind closed windows as even a Bee or Wasp sting could kill them. Those people are the ones at risk and therefore should be taking all the measures possible to protect themselves. The 99.96% of us who are not at risk have no need for such measures and should continue to maintain healthy immune systems.

nigelswift wrote:
Individual freedom v Society is one for the philosophers but I don't think they advocated anything but compromise.
Precisely. The wisest compromise would be that the tiny proportion of society most at risk should remain at home, in care homes or in hospitals behind closed windows. Let them receive the support of the taxpayer. Put the resources into protecting those frail vulnerable weaker members of society rather than lock down 67 Million healthy people. Those whose health and robust immune systems will deal with Covid easily should neither be locked up nor down.

Do remember that the vaccines "are not a solution and do not provide immunity" and that staying indoors for years for multiple Lockdowns doesn't make a virus go away anywhere. I would love to see a Govt Minister suggest that everyone should be eating 5-a-day, getting plenty of sleep & exercise and taking a multi-vitamin. But not a single one has.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index