76 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: THE DISEASE
Jan 04, 2021, 13:45
nigelswift wrote:
"We will now be seeing massive waves of deaths of people who have been untreated" Of course we will, that's the nature of the catastrophe.

But you seem to be saying they should be being treated, as covid is a lesser issue. Well, maybe some, but my consultants say I will quite likely get Covid if I go into hospital and thousands of consultants are presumably saying the same to millions of people. As it happens, it's my preference, and that of many others I would guess, to die of something other than covid. So it's not as binary as you are painting it. Vast numbers more are going to die and no change of approach will change that now.

I said "Now we will be seeing massive waves of deaths of people who have been untreated for those conditions I listed above." That is what I said. I did not paint any "binary". YOU have. It is you suggesting that and pointing out ways that you dont want to die.

Few people are given that choice. Well done you!

Of course I am saying that people with Cancer should be treated. That is what the NHS is for! It is what we pay for. Are you saying that they shouldn't be treated in case you catch Covid when you are in hospital for something else? That is what you seem to be suggesting, though implying that "your consultants" are telling you this. I presume that you would be in hospital for something "other" than Covid in this imaginary future scenario. So are you suggesting that you should be in there getting treated but others (with for example Cancer, Kidney Disease, Heart Disease) should not?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index