Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: From Twitter
Dec 25, 2019, 14:13
Sanctuary wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
Wonder if they'll ever realise?

The majority got what they wanted and deserved

Indeed. Which is to be shafted. No doubt they'll be the ones complaining the loudest when austerity starts to affect them directly, but they won't be getting my sympathy. No Tory voter ever will. Happy Christmas.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Dec 26, 2019, 06:22
Dec 26, 2019, 06:18
More from Twitter:

"this is a blip in our history. Brexit will be a total disaster the Tories have to own, and we will rejoin Europe soon enough. It will cost us billions, and perhaps hundreds of lives, but can you negotiate with millions of thugs like @MarkFrancois12 ?"

Let's call it "determined ignorance", which one day will pass. What a shame it happened.

And of course people will die. Whoever heard of a poor country where the death rate wasn't high?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dec 27, 2019, 08:47
It's no secret that the 5% that swung it to Leave were pure ex UKIP racists, worried about a flood of Muslims, but it's hard to stomach it in view of this:

Raees
????
@Rys_Says
Refugees hosted,.

Turkey: 3,480,000
Pakistan: 1,390,000
Uganda: 1,350,000
Lebanon: 998,000
Iran: 979,000
Germany: 970,000
Bangladesh: 932,000
Sudan: 907,000
Jordan: 691,000
France: 337,000
US: 287,000
Sweden: 240,000
UK: 121,000
Canada: 104,000
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2553 posts

Dec 27, 2019, 13:38
nigelswift wrote:
Hope its OK to paste it here ....

The Sweet Cheat
@thesweetcheat

No-one else to blame now. Tory voters, you own this and everything else that's coming. Not the EU, not the immigrants, not the left, not the Irish, not the judges, not the remainers, not parliament. You.

And Scotland will be ignored again :-(
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dec 31, 2019, 08:48
michael
@Sisyphusa

Just read that there were 49,109 "tip-offs" by members of the public to immigration enforcement in a single year (2014-15). That's basically the capacity of Anfield. This snitching, petty, racist little shithole of a country is the absolute worst.

And now Labour is saying it needs to appeal more to Leave voters. Twats.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dec 31, 2019, 12:13
How the old stole the future of the young ....

GE Result if only 18-24 yr olds voted:

LAB: 544 (56%)
SNP: 58 (5%)
LDM: 22 (11%)
CON: 4 (21%)
GRN: 1 (4%)
PLC: 1 (0.5%)
IND: 1
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Jan 01, 2020, 19:10
drewbhoy wrote:

I think that would be hard to do Drew. I can understand why Scotland wants independence but struggle to see how it would work in you stayed in the EU while England and Wales left. I know it is historic treaty but Scotland signed the Treaty of Union way back when
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Union
so they need permission from Westminster to hold another referendum - BJ ain't going to give it because it would break up the UK.

Northern Ireland, however, did not sign such a treaty so I suspect a United Ireland will happen first by means of a border poll, the reunification of Ireland - time will tell. I hope it is a peaceful transition.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2553 posts

Jan 03, 2020, 17:16
tjj wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:

I think that would be hard to do Drew. I can understand why Scotland wants independence but struggle to see how it would work in you stayed in the EU while England and Wales left. I know it is historic treaty but Scotland signed the Treaty of Union way back when
so they need permission from Westminster to hold another referendum - BJ ain't going to give it because it would break up the UK.

Northern Ireland, however, did not sign such a treaty so I suspect a United Ireland will happen first by means of a border poll, the reunification of Ireland - time will tell. I hope it is a peaceful transition.

But it still means England and Wales get what they voted, fair enough, their democratic vote is respected. Meanwhile the Govt in England says No to the democratic vote up here, down south voted Con/Lab alliance in, meanwhile we rejected them. There is a pattern emerging.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Jan 04, 2020, 21:20
tjj wrote:
drewbhoy wrote:

Great Britain hasn't existed since 1801.

The whole canon of English Law was suspended in 1706. It was never re-introduced. Scots law continued.

One nation in a temporary political Union does NOT have to ask the other Nation for permission to hold a referendum on their future. That isn't any kind of Union. The settled will of the people decides. That's politics and the whole of the Law.
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Jan 05, 2020, 05:23
Howburn Digger wrote:
[quote="tjj"][quote="drewbhoy"]

The settled will of the people decides. That's politics and the whole of the Law.

As the Laird of Boleskine proclaimed: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index