A must read

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3068 posts

Edited Sep 14, 2019, 09:48
A must read
Sep 14, 2019, 09:45
Have just chanced on this supremely lucid article by Jonathan Cook about where we are at the moment politically. Agree, disagree...but read
https://dissidentvoice.org/2019/09/brexit-reveals-corbyn-to-be-the-true-moderate/more-96493
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: A must read
Sep 14, 2019, 16:03
Nonsense. Corbyn is just as much as an extremist as the likes of farage, johnson et al, he's just got a fluffy beard to make him look nicer.

The true moderates who've stoically, resolutely an honestly maintained the alternative to the extremism are the likes of Dominic Grieve, Nicola Sturgeon, Jess Phillips, Ken Clarke...to name a few.

People have selective memories when it comes to corbyn, and easily forget that it was him who announced on live tv the day after the ref that Article 50 should be invoked immediately, without a deal!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 14, 2019, 19:36
I can't read the link but have to agree who the real wisdom lies with.

To claim a 27 month old non-binding marginal vote based on ignorance and lies should be seen as mandatory now and presumably forever (or if not, for how long precisely???) is deeply dishonest or deeply stupid.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Sep 14, 2019, 22:02
I totally agree with that, it's the short-sightedness over Corbyn that I disagree with. Genuine moderates have been working non-stop since the ref to get justice and fair play while he's ignored the voice of his own party members even. The fawning over him over him suddenly at 11:59 deciding that if he's going to win a GE then he'd better at least pick a side is quite honestly insulting to common decency and sense.
U-Know! Forum Index