55 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: Extinction Rebellion
Apr 28, 2019, 10:21
GLADMAN wrote:
For balance.... I'm passionate about this planet, too. But I find the self-righteous, naive hectoring of pathetic little girls like Greta Thunberg so detrimental to the cause. Who the hell does she think she is to lecture me? By what right?

Having had the misfortune to come into contact with some of these Global Warming... sorry, climate change... clowns; having it made clear to me that they have been told what to say by rote, like a good little religious convert.. I really do fear for this planet. Real, positive change can only be made on a global basis.That takes negotiation, incremental bargaining with cultures who view things far differently than we do.

Little school girls and people who can afford to take days off and block streets are irrelevent to this problem.

I strongly disagree with this attitude - have read it several times on social media coming from the likes of Piers Morgan and Toby Young (rich twats). 'Little school girls' (she's 16 by the way - old enough to be married with kids in some cultures) has every damn right and so do the protestors. This is still a 'free' country. I have a 10 year old granddaughter, born and raised in London - she will be joining the above when she can. Last time I saw her she was telling me about her school project on dystopian novels such as Fahrenheit 451 and '1984' - city kids are bright and they know what's going on, including the ones suffering from pollution induced asthma. The future of our world in every aspect belongs to our children and grandchildren. It is us who are irrelevant.
That's all from me on the subject - here anyway.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index