Extinction Rebellion

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Amil04
447 posts

Extinction Rebellion
Apr 22, 2019, 07:29
https://youtu.be/fFwG9yg-5-Y

Emma! Stop listening to the Blue Cats! Listen to Dougal!
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

Re: Extinction Rebellion
Apr 27, 2019, 11:30
YouTube George Carlin on the environment
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Apr 27, 2019, 17:55
I seem to recall I started a discussion on this subject a while back - before the direct action in London leading up to Easter. I don't know what happened to it, all I know is after several contributions made by yourself it was locked and then deleted. I'd like to say I'm curious to know what you posted but really I'm not - like is too short.
It happens to be a subject I've felt passionate about for at least the past two decades - very happy to see younger people picking up the baton. Great respect for Greta Thunberg, she apparently did her tour of Europe by train, didn't fly anywhere. All we can do as individuals is to make changes according to our own conscience, most will carry on as before. The planet will survive but the humans as a species probably won't.
GLADMAN
949 posts

Apr 28, 2019, 00:47
For balance.... I'm passionate about this planet, too. But I find the self-righteous, naive hectoring of pathetic little girls like Greta Thunberg so detrimental to the cause. Who the hell does she think she is to lecture me? By what right?

Having had the misfortune to come into contact with some of these Global Warming... sorry, climate change... clowns; having it made clear to me that they have been told what to say by rote, like a good little religious convert.. I really do fear for this planet. Real, positive change can only be made on a global basis.That takes negotiation, incremental bargaining with cultures who view things far differently than we do.

Little school girls and people who can afford to take days off and block streets are irrelevent to this problem.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Apr 28, 2019, 10:21
GLADMAN wrote:
For balance.... I'm passionate about this planet, too. But I find the self-righteous, naive hectoring of pathetic little girls like Greta Thunberg so detrimental to the cause. Who the hell does she think she is to lecture me? By what right?

Having had the misfortune to come into contact with some of these Global Warming... sorry, climate change... clowns; having it made clear to me that they have been told what to say by rote, like a good little religious convert.. I really do fear for this planet. Real, positive change can only be made on a global basis.That takes negotiation, incremental bargaining with cultures who view things far differently than we do.

Little school girls and people who can afford to take days off and block streets are irrelevent to this problem.

I strongly disagree with this attitude - have read it several times on social media coming from the likes of Piers Morgan and Toby Young (rich twats). 'Little school girls' (she's 16 by the way - old enough to be married with kids in some cultures) has every damn right and so do the protestors. This is still a 'free' country. I have a 10 year old granddaughter, born and raised in London - she will be joining the above when she can. Last time I saw her she was telling me about her school project on dystopian novels such as Fahrenheit 451 and '1984' - city kids are bright and they know what's going on, including the ones suffering from pollution induced asthma. The future of our world in every aspect belongs to our children and grandchildren. It is us who are irrelevant.
That's all from me on the subject - here anyway.
GLADMAN
949 posts

Apr 28, 2019, 11:10
tjj wrote:
GLADMAN wrote:

I strongly disagree with this attitude - have read it several times on social media coming from the likes of Piers Morgan and Toby Young (rich twats). 'Little school girls' (she's 16 by the way - old enough to be married with kids in some cultures) has every damn right and so do the protestors. This is still a 'free' country. I have a 10 year old granddaughter, born and raised in London - she will be joining the above when she can. Last time I saw her she was telling me about her school project on dystopian novels such as Fahrenheit 451 and '1984' - city kids are bright and they know what's going on, including the ones suffering from pollution induced asthma. The future of our world in every aspect belongs to our children and grandchildren. It is us who are irrelevant.
That's all from me on the subject - here anyway.

In turn I strongly disagree with you. The attitude of people who proffer farcically simplistic 'answers' to very complex issues. It helps no-one and, in my opinion, is actually seriously counter productive. What we need to somehow achieve is proper debate in an attempt to somehow build a consensus across the entire globe. 16 year old girls and indoctrinated 'rebels' who were - in their own words - 'out to have a laugh' makes a mockery of what is a very serious topic. 'Protesting' in this manner in such a liberal, irrelevant (in the grand scheme of things) country as England is self-righteous nonsense. Best left to naive 16 years while the serious people struggling to reduce our dependence upon coal and other fossil fuels try to find some actual answers.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 28, 2019, 13:39
Apr 28, 2019, 11:39
I wondered too about what had happened to the topic thread you started tjj. I noticed while ago that all the thread comments had disappeared. The ‘list’ of names and times etc was still there but nothing to read when one clicked on one of them. A couple of days ago when I added to it I clicked post and the whole thing disappeared and turned into ‘Re:’ Hence the new topic.
So I don’t really know what happened there?
It’s not a good state of affairs when people who are genuinely concerned about the same thing become..well..diametrically opposed. I do however believe ER are a wolf in sheep’s clothing, doing the bidding of globalists.

‘Compassionate Revolution Ltd’ ??? Yes Gail...

Sadly I find it unsurprising that a 10 year old should be doing a project in school on ‘dystopian novels.’ I don’t think I could have got my head around such as a ten year old myself..even as a fifteen year old I didn’t. I just thought it was a ‘story.’ I didn’t acutely see how it was a commentary on where things were going or could go. It’s ironic. Just what is ‘1984’ about? Freedom = Slavery..a world in which the population is ‘hypnotised’..and this is just what is happening..and always was really. It’s just more obvious now and they chose to start/spread the fear early in school these days. These young people are the future so the sooner ‘they’ can brainwash them into the ‘new ways’ the better from their perspective. Also the new technology is normal to them..fingerprint scan needed to take out a library book? Pippa King did some great work surrounding this and fought against children having to wear RFID tags in school which would track and record their every move. Plus exposing them to potentially unsafe radio frequencies.

It’s concerning that Greta has ‘selective mutism.’ She’ll not be talking..entering a dialogue..with anyone she disagrees with. Is this attitude something that could be easily passed on to her young followers? About this topic and maybe others too?

Fear, fear, fear**..its all the media pump out these days. One must question how much of it is real. And who benefits from a population living in fear? Globalists.
They make out the world to be an incredibly frightening place to live. It’s ‘they’ who make it so...or at least appear so. It’s all about controlling people’s perceptions.

We should play the ‘ball’ with this not the man/woman. There are ‘twats’ out there that may appear to say things against such as ER..it still doesn’t mean it’s a genuine grassroots movement.

Has anybody listened to the discussion I linked at the beginning of topic?

** maybe this is what Blair was really saying..only he called it “education”
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 28, 2019, 12:28
Apr 28, 2019, 11:50
Ps..Nice one..

https://youtu.be/EjmtSkl53h4

GC on the environment..
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Apr 28, 2019, 13:32
Apr 28, 2019, 12:36
Comment deleted....thought another thread had disappeared but I’m wrong..
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Apr 28, 2019, 15:04
Apr 28, 2019, 15:02
One thing that can be said about Greta Thunberg: she has some moral authority, for she'll be here to suffer some of the mess, which the rest of us won't.

It reminds me of my novel voting plan for Brexit - everyone should have as many votes as they are likely to have years to experience the result of their vote!
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index