Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Mar 06, 2019, 13:38
Re: Fluxes from Bruxitis Jim'll Fix It
Mar 06, 2019, 12:57
Amil04 wrote:
So what’s you’re take on it then..what’s all this stuff about why is this ‘bullshit’ being put out there?

Seriously, I would be grateful of your views on that.

Well the motivation of governments and elites is straightforward. - To maintain the status quo and to protect their interests. To suggest that powerful institutions don't do some nasty and underhand things would be naive in the extreme. But it all happens beneath the radar. That leaves a void that can be filled with anything, and people with a mind to do so can put together any old theory and find arguments to support it.

So when hearing those arguments, I have to weigh what they say against my own understanding of things. Hence rather than just follow your link, I go look at the source and extrapolate from there. It doesn't make me closed minded any more than choosing not to eat an alpaca poo and asbestos sandwich makes me closed bodied.

And there is stuff on there that I know a bit about. I'm not an expert but I've read extensively on energy issues for the last decade, and they're promoting stuff that is just wrong. To the geologist, oil is a finite non renewable resource. To the conspiracist, it's all just a ruse to enhance the power and profits of governments and oil companies. Except they don't put it quite like that. They say "Could it be that.... This one geologist says that...."

Climate change deniers use exactly the same tactics.

Could Jo Cox have been murdered by the State? Well of course she could have. Did they? I have no idea. I suspect not. Apply Occams razor.

And yes, it is a mindset, a way of looking at the world. I suspect that there is an extremely strong correlation between, for example, people that believe 9-11 was an inside job, and people that belive the government is spraying us with chemicals from aeroplanes. People that don't believe one would tend to believe neither. People that believe one would tend to believe both.

Amil04 wrote:
I know two people who are not of my ‘mindset’ who’s children directly after being vaccinated were not the same children..like a switch had been flipped. They know it was the vaccine. Ok nothing’s perfect but..why can’t the truth of the matter be found? Why aren’t people working together to sort out the facts? Vested interests. And it’s the same with everything else.

And there are now measles epidemics killing little children because of this point of view. Promoting falsehoods and half truths can be dangerous.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index