Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: Fuck it!
Sep 06, 2018, 16:58
tjj wrote:
Howburn Digger wrote:
lawrence2 wrote:
What I thought was a good article turned out to be an anti-Semetic wack-job site. Sorry, nothing to see here...

What! Anti-Semetism? I don't believe it! What was it saying? Did it criticise the Israeli Occupation of Palestine and the systematic civilian bombing and intimidation of the Palestinian People? Maybe it even criticised the taking of Jerusalem as the new Israeli Capital? Maybe some people remember it used to be Tel Aviv? Maybe the site spoke of three and four generations of Palestinian Families who have been in Refugee (prison) Camps in the Lebanon... unable to return to their family homes in Palestine since the "Israeli" Occupation of 70 years ago. There are 400,000 of them. That's right - nearly half a million. Perhaps this anti-semetism by people should stop? ANY criticism of such Warlike Terror will NOT be tolerated!

I agree with all you have said above but ... being appalled by the illegal, aggressive behaviour of the State of Israel is not the same as...
The Holocaust happened, six million Jews died. We must never forget.

No-one was talking about The Holocaust of the Nazis.

I was referring to the Here and Now and the treatment of Palestinian farmers and citizens driven out by successive Israeli occupations.

No-one was denying Jewish deaths during WW2. I certainly wasn't.

The topic was anti-semitism and I was pointing out how any criticism of Israel's violence, aggression and warmongering on those neighbours it moved in beside in 1948 after a violent terrorist campaign, is immediately pounced on as "anti-semitism". Everyone knows it. Everyone sees it. It is an ancient, worn-out weary and tired tactic.

I was not surprised to see your response trying to derail the discussion into talking about gas chambers. Some people find it more comfortable to dwell in historical grief tourism than to actually see what is happening now.

U-Know! Forum Index