Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Re: Fuck it!
Sep 06, 2018, 08:12
tjj wrote:
Howburn Digger wrote:

The fact that 80 Million people died and 50 Million were civilians means that extracting bizarre statistics and trying to make points 80 years later is simply a fickle statisticians historical retro-grief.

It is easy to quote a couple of lines from someone's post to slant it in a different context. I was specifically talking about the Holocaust in relation to Jews - i.e. the rounding up and gassing of 6 million people. And no, I haven't forgotten Romanian gypsies and other minority groups of people the Nazi's wished to exterminate. Stating this is a historical fact not 'retro-grief'.
I understand there are plenty of right wing Holocaust deniers around.

I am pointing out that the other 74 Million human beings slaughtered in WW2 deserve equal "not forgetting". No-one is denying any of the horrors of WW2 happened. The deliberate designing, building and loading of incendiary bombs onto purpose-built planes to drop on a minority group in another country the Nazis wished to exterminate is a horror equal to any other they dreamed up. Argue with the burning children of Clydebank about that one. Those planes were built specifically for the purpose of dropping those specially designed incendiary bombs on unsuspecting and unarmed civilians who were a threat to no-one.
Selecting one group of victims over another is selective statistic seiving. Whether they were gassed, incendiary bombed or herded out of Ukrainian villages, robbed and then shot into tractor-excavated pits. Or kept in forced labour camps until Typhus and TB killed them. Or beaten to death over two and three day periods in Sports Stadiums in Singapore for Japanese Troops amusement (while they were waiting for ships). Or worked to death on railways and used as fenceposts. The underlying inhumanity is what we must remember. You have to back up and see the bigger picture.
Although it was 80 years ago we should never forget any of those 80 Million people.

U-Know! Forum Index