Fuck it!

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
lawrence2
106 posts

Edited Aug 29, 2018, 14:44
Fuck it!
Aug 29, 2018, 12:29
What I thought was a good article turned out to be an anti-Semetic wack-job site. Sorry, nothing to see here...
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: Fuck it!
Aug 29, 2018, 17:01
https://labour.org.uk/

*runs for cover
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Aug 29, 2018, 23:00
Aug 29, 2018, 22:59
lawrence2 wrote:
What I thought was a good article turned out to be an anti-Semetic wack-job site. Sorry, nothing to see here...

What! Anti-Semetism? I don't believe it! What was it saying? Did it criticise the Israeli Occupation of Palestine and the systematic civilian bombing and intimidation of the Palestinian People? Maybe it even criticised the taking of Jerusalem as the new Israeli Capital? Maybe some people remember it used to be Tel Aviv? Maybe the site spoke of three and four generations of Palestinian Families who have been in Refugee (prison) Camps in the Lebanon and are unable to return to their family homes in Palestine since the "Israeli" Occupation of 70 years ago. There are 400,000 of them. That's right - nearly half a million. Perhaps this anti-semetism by people should stop? Perhaps people should stop being outraged at a Terrorist State like Israel and its terrorist behaviour. There's anti-semetism for you! How very dare they criticise such a State.
You should see photographs of Palestine, Iran, Syria and Iraq thirty, forty and seventy years ago before their neighbour moved in. They look like some of the most beautiful places you ever saw on Earth. In my record collection I have Beatles records which were pressed in Iran and one pressed in Lebanon. Most of Israel's neighbours have been bombed back into the Stone Age, some are being lined up for that treatment. ANY criticism of such Warlike Terror will NOT be tolerated!
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Aug 30, 2018, 00:19
Howburn Digger wrote:
lawrence2 wrote:

What! Anti-Semetism? I don't believe it! What was it saying? Did it criticise the Israeli Occupation of Palestine and the systematic civilian bombing and intimidation of the Palestinian People? Maybe it even criticised the taking of Jerusalem as the new Israeli Capital? Maybe some people remember it used to be Tel Aviv? Maybe the site spoke of three and four generations of Palestinian Families who have been in Refugee (prison) Camps in the Lebanon and are unable to return to their family homes in Palestine since the "Israeli" Occupation of 70 years ago. There are 400,000 of them. That's right - nearly half a million. Perhaps this anti-semetism by people should stop? Perhaps people should stop being outraged at a Terrorist State like Israel and its terrorist behaviour. There's anti-semetism for you! How very dare they criticise such a State.
You should see photographs of Palestine, Iran, Syria and Iraq thirty, forty and seventy years ago before their neighbour moved in. They look like some of the most beautiful places you ever saw on Earth. In my record collection I have Beatles records which were pressed in Iran and one pressed in Lebanon. Most of Israel's neighbours have been bombed back into the Stone Age, some are being lined up for that treatment. ANY criticism of such Warlike Terror will NOT be tolerated!

I agree with all you have said above but ... being appalled by the illegal, aggressive behaviour of the State of Israel is not the same as the deep unease a lot of Jewish and non-Jewish people feel about the growing anti-Jewish movement in European countries such as Hungary. Was listening to the Hungarian-born classical musician Andras Schiff talking about this earlier today (yesterday now).
The Holocaust happened, six million Jews died. We must never forget.
lawrence2
106 posts

Aug 30, 2018, 07:11
Well I was told the site was peddling Rothchild conspiracies. Mind you I don't like the Israeli government either but I have to draw the line when it gets a little too flaky. Needless to say the guitarist in my current band is Jewish but he's told me he doesn't support Israel either...
lawrence2
106 posts

Aug 30, 2018, 07:13
Exactly. There's nothing remotely good about the obscene rise of the Extreme Right.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Sep 02, 2018, 13:39
tjj wrote:

World War Two happened.

80 Million people died.

We must never forget.
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Sep 03, 2018, 11:18
Howburn Digger wrote:
tjj wrote:

World War Two happened.

80 Million people died.

We must never forget.

Good point HD - the fact that Jewish deaths represent some 7.5% of the (high end) estimate of WW2 really is grossly disproportionate given the tiny % of the world population they constitute.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Sep 04, 2018, 22:39
Sep 04, 2018, 08:20
Locodogz wrote:
Howburn Digger wrote:
tjj wrote:

World War Two happened.

80 Million people died.

We must never forget.

Good point HD - the fact that Jewish deaths represent some 7.5% of the (high end) estimate of WW2 really is grossly disproportionate given the tiny % of the world population they constitute.

The fact that 80 Million people died and 50 Million were civilians means that extracting bizarre statistics and trying to make points 80 years later is simply a fickle statistician's historical retro-grief. Very low percentile of Hindus killed in Clydebank Blitz. Very few Islamic types beheaded during the decapitation competitions held by the Japanese troops during the Rape of Nanking a few years before WW2. Large Jewish populations concentrations in some Eastern European Towns and Cities. Mostly Scottish People killed in Clydebank.
Anyone can try and make something of statistics.

You have to back up and see the bigger picture. 80 Million people died and we must never forget.

BAE just clocked £6 Billion profit from recent arms sales of "depleted" Uranium enhanced weaponry to the Saudis. It has all been dropped on civilians in Yemen. The ground is poisoned. That is what "depleted" Uranium does and what it is actually for.

http://www.abc.net.au/cm/lb/6407702/data/a-plume-of-smoke-rises-after-an-air-strike-in-sanaa-data.jpg

This is happening NOW. Let us not forget.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Sep 04, 2018, 20:08
Sep 04, 2018, 09:07
Howburn Digger wrote:

The fact that 80 Million people died and 50 Million were civilians means that extracting bizarre statistics and trying to make points 80 years later is simply a fickle statisticians historical retro-grief.

It is easy to quote a couple of lines from someone's post to slant it in a different context. I was specifically talking about the Holocaust in relation to Jews - i.e. the rounding up and gassing of 6 million people. And no, I haven't forgotten Romanian gypsies and other minority groups of people the Nazi's wished to exterminate. Stating this is a historical fact not 'retro-grief'.
I understand there are plenty of right wing Holocaust deniers around.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index