Jesus I despise Brexit.

721 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Aug 14, 2019, 13:27
That irritated me. Lucas is usually pretty sharp, but not only will this proposal exacerbate division, but it's just bollocks to suggest that gender is playing a major part in the meltdown of British political life.

Many of the most prominent voices and most powerful influences during this whole crisis have been women. A cabinet of national unity featuring Theresa May, Arlene Foster, Kate Hoey, Andrea Leadstrom, Anne Widdecombe, Priti Patel...

... anyone?

You make a list like that and it suddenly looks like maybe what we need is LESS women involved.

At least, it would do if you were a maniac who assumed their political incompetence was a factor of their gender. Anyone think the UK would be where it is right now if Ken Clarke was leader of the tories instead of May? (You don't even need to imagine the tories out of power to admit how different it could have been).

But to claim it would have been an improvement because of the genders involved (rather than their politics) is bonkers. Something rotten crept into British political life with brexit, and it's affecting men and women alike.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index