721 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1051 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Jan 16, 2019, 16:55
Locodogz wrote:
I'm a staunch Remainer but do understand that - faced with the prospect of losing their cherished holy grail - as a Leaver I'd be screaming blue murder at the prospect of a 2nd referendum. That said - if only for the aspirations I have for my children - I sincerely hope there is a second referendum and we reverse this madness. Feels a tad closer after yesterday, although I still wouldn't bet on it happening.

Also wonder, for how long and how loud, a Brexiteer-led clamour for a third referendum would go on should a second one go against them?

Well, think of 2016 as the second referendum, as we had one to join in the first place, so we're looking at the best of three with people now knowing the consequences. Sadly parliament doesn't recognise that, or the real world these days. I don't know whether to feel a glimmer of hope after last night or not, looking at the news today it's just going round in circles. This really is going nowhere and it's just wasting more time until the deadline. Only recompense is that May has to return to parliament within 3 days with an alternative, she's off on another jolly on Thursday apparently so she'll come back empty-handed. Wait for corbyn to do nothing again and then it's March. All over.

I'm a staunch remainer, in Wales, the ref cost me and over 1000 others our jobs which we have no chance of getting back if we leave. It's like the whole of parliament has lost it's marbles, if it had any to begin with!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index