721 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3505 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Jan 08, 2019, 22:49
giNgko_C wrote:
As in a solution? I'm struggling to come up with anything. Though now I'm considerably less hungover than last week, the thought of a massive EU-themed firework display actually makes me chuckle, and does not in anyway trigger an apoplectic rage at the imagining of all of the Europe being absorbed by the London fatberg post March.

Cx

Was the London firework display EU themed - didn't really notice.

Stewart Lee invariably makes me smile, if not laugh out loud though I did neither for his latest offering https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jan/06/its-the-thought-that-counts-with-brexit-gifts
"Dear Auntie Eva. I don’t know if I agree with you that ‘Hitler had some good ideas, he just put them into practice badly’ ..
Parodying anyone who voted to leave the EU as elderly Hitler loving racists is not especially helpful, any more than calling Anna Soubry a Nazi is. What is going on in this country, it is so very sad. It is true I want my country back ... from the various extremist factions that are currently tearing it apart for their own political agendas.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index