Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Re: A Point of View
Jul 24, 2018, 10:46
Sorry Sanctuary but I've got to ask where you read that "90% of our trading is outside of the EU anyway"? It just doesn't sound credible given that the ONS say that 48% of our exports go to the EU (source below).

I know thats 'only' exports but I can't see what other trade we're doing to swing to a 90% figure?

https://www.ons.gov.uk/businessindustryandtrade/internationaltrade/articles/whodoestheuktradewith/2017-02-21
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Re: A Point of View
Jul 24, 2018, 10:47
Apologies - seeming duplicate of an earlier response!!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Jul 24, 2018, 16:40
Someone doesn't like me posting stuff repeatedly on here. Can't think why.

"Brexit progress report:

“The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the EU should be one of the easiest in human history"
- Liam Fox, 20/7/17

"We will make sure there's adequate food supplies"
- Dominic Raab, 24/7/18,
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jul 24, 2018, 19:05
nigelswift wrote:
Someone doesn't like me posting stuff repeatedly on here. Can't think why.

"Brexit progress report:

“The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the EU should be one of the easiest in human history"
- Liam Fox, 20/7/17

"We will make sure there's adequate food supplies"
- Dominic Raab, 24/7/18,

I'm genuinely concerned about you Nigel. I have said before that you become obsessed with all the campaigns you get involved with, but you are showing all the signs of something much more serious than that the longer you go on. This 'you are always right' and those who don't agree with you are always wrong, no matter what the debate, is very worrying. Surely the people around you, including those here must have noticed, but maybe feel they would be letting you down if they remarked on it. Your post this morning where you dragged your grandchildren in seemed to me to be a desperate attempt at showing the world that they must listen to you at all costs!
This isn't normal behaviour and I have no pleasure telling you this but someone has to.

No doubt I will get a backlash now being par for the course, but as I'm a level-headed person that sees all sides of discussions and respects the opinion of others, I will not be replying to your posts further or joining in with this thread again, not wanting to be held responsible for the personal issues you obviously have.

With regards
Roy
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Jul 25, 2018, 07:49
Jul 24, 2018, 19:41
Sanctuary wrote:
I will not be replying to your posts further or joining in with this thread again,

Yet another nasty ad hominem and yet another flounce. Oh how we both wish you'd voted remain!
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Jul 25, 2018, 09:15
Jul 25, 2018, 08:56
nigelswift wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
I will not be replying to your posts further or joining in with this thread again,

Yet another nasty ad hominem and yet another flounce. Oh how we both wish you'd voted remain!

A brilliant response to Sanctuary's whole post Nigel. I must admit to my education falling short on the Latin front so looked up ad hominem ....

Ad hominem: Latin for "to the man" or "to the person", short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself. Listed as second from bottom (next to name calling) in the hierarchy of argument strategies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

My phrase for the day :) x
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 25, 2018, 09:21
tjj wrote:

My phrase for the day :) x

Useful when meeting nippy pups!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 25, 2018, 09:50
To continue my obsessive bulletins:

Alastair Campbell
?Verified account @campbellclaret
Who knew? No deal Brexit means no food Brexit and no medicines Brexit? Didn’t see that on the side of a fucking red bus did we?
veneta1
223 posts

Jul 25, 2018, 12:28
nigelswift wrote:
To continue my obsessive bulletins:

Alastair Campbell
?Verified account @campbellclaret
Who knew? No deal Brexit means no food Brexit and no medicines Brexit? Didn’t see that on the side of a fucking red bus did we?

Please keep being obsessive, Nigel, as I'm sure there are many on here who feel exactly as you do but are perhaps less inclined to post. Always enjoy reading what you write. The same can't be said of certain others.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 25, 2018, 13:05
Thank you very much. You may regret encouraging me as I have no outlet for my Brexifrustration except expressing it on here!
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index