U-Know! Forum »
Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 156 57 58 59 60 61 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8065 posts

Re: Indicative votes Round 1
Mar 28, 2019, 16:29
"everybody saying how sick of the whole debate".....

Yes they do. Followed by "Just get on with it".

It's almost criminal IMO, wanting to get on with it whatever the consequences merely because you're bored.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1618 posts

Edited Mar 28, 2019, 17:53
Mar 28, 2019, 17:46
"The fáiltes are circling."

I agree, for me personally being morbidly drawn into this vortex is making my work suffer, and I'm not even a member of the CBI.

Even simply commenting on what I imagine to be a literal interpretation of Meaningful Vote resistance resulting in a revocation of Article 50 and a General Election doesn't even feel like my own mind!

Cx

at this rate it's more like a General Electron with the potential of a Boris Boson. Or something.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6102 posts

Mar 28, 2019, 17:53
nigelswift wrote:
Yes I'm kind of more hopeful, since the DUP said they won't play. But our Therasa wouldn't be our Theresa if she hadn't said she didn't care how the votes went. Ditto Andrea Leadsom. Is it just me or do you find her scary? I've never been a fan since she said she was going to bring back fox hunting "to improve animal welfare".

Hardly going to be a vote winner with you and me, was it?

She's terrifying, but then they all are. Which swivel-eyed loon do you want as our next PM?
nigelswift
8065 posts

Mar 28, 2019, 18:53
Well Owen Jones is pretending he's terrified of Boris being chosen, which means he thinks he'd crash and burn I suppose. Bit of a risk though.

It's a tough call, they're all scary, but if I was a Tory it would be Geoffrey Cox, who makes the others look like pygmies.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1618 posts

Edited Mar 30, 2019, 00:55
Mar 30, 2019, 00:05
Or, if you want to bring the whole intellectual process into disrepute - Anna Soubry looks like Margaret Thatcher with all the evil space lizard worm tongue exorcised.

Blessed be the European Union, for they simply copy us.

Copius amounts of youtube - oh no what will we do with Pepe the Frog? Open a polar bear circus in bastard bloody Greenland fah fah fah.

Cx

yeah we get it, Teresa May's leopard skin shoes are an echo of Julian Cope's song* about the Poll Tax riots - where in digital native canadia land the Rebel Media co-opt directionless twenty first twenty somethings to go all: AH MATE, Dominic Raab has been injected into a gerrymandered Surrey safe seat after the ground had been laid in 1997 (like your mum) to spout sbwriws ketamine republican self help diatribe like this ultimately useless paragraph.

What are you going to do? Burn all of the plastic rubbish?

Your best bet is collating all of the Sigmund Freud Sargasso detritus, shipping it over to the Fens and then stamping it all down so your opinion attains commensurisationalism with sea level!

Which still comes back to Dominic Raab: AAAAARGH!!! There's no escape! Let's all dance to Dominic Raab and celebrate the ironing.

(why does it come back to Domincqwgjy Raab though, is it because the idea of preventing East Anglia from sinking beneath the sea using plastic detritus is bloody stupid and unattainable yet ultimately necessary?)

((this ALDI cider just isn't strong enough))

*https://bleep.com/release/94002-julian-cope-peggy-suicide
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1618 posts

Edited Mar 30, 2019, 03:27
Mar 30, 2019, 00:58
So then,
my punt for next Prime Minister of cheeseville arizona:

"Bloody Stupid but ultimately necessary"

;)

Cx

((((hang on, didn't he quit though? pfff, bloody chancer, I'd have better luck going to a doctor and inserting googly eyes into my obvious on the outside tumours!

"Tetsuoooooo!!!!!!"

))))
nigelswift
8065 posts

Mar 30, 2019, 08:08
"evil space lizard worm tongue exorcised"

Yes, after Margaret died the evil space lizard worm tongue roamed the land looking for a comfy home until finally it found Andrea Leadsom.
nigelswift
8065 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Apr 02, 2019, 08:41
So it looks as if it'll be No Deal or ask Europe for a long delay including EU elections.

The story that Europe won't like us voting in their elections as they'll be stuck with a grumpy Britain is wrong imo. The grown-ups will vote for pro-Europe candidates in their millions so Europe may get the most pro-Europe parliament for years.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1618 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Apr 02, 2019, 17:00
This being the Ideal Condition,

as opposed to some half-cut punditry which posits the UK's holding of all the cards results only in a game of Fifty-Two Card Pickup.

Cx
nigelswift
8065 posts

On the bright side #1
Apr 04, 2019, 08:24
Chris Addison
?Verified account @mrchrisaddison
4m4 minutes ago

Just turned on breakfast news half way through a feature on a new Pixar film about a furious toby jug that comes to life and can’t find its way back to a mythical kingdom and then I realised it was just Mark Francois interview.
Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 156 57 58 59 60 61 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index