Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 151 52 53 54 55 56 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1639 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2019, 16:36
Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Mar 13, 2019, 16:21
Actually, I was thinking of starting a social media crowdsourcing initiative for LGBTA rights called "Poof Positive" - what with the amount of punning involved in even the Guardian headlines I'm pretty sure nobody's thought of this yet.

(it's not even a pun you just have to remove a letter|)

((actually I'm just feeling guilty for not engaging with my local labour councillor because I'm too mentally ill as half of a childless couple to vocalise my double plus negative at the Tories cutting services in Labour constituencies))

(((sometimes I think of my gnarly old primary school teacher and Teresa May at the same time, the Brexit school report an "occasional lapse")))

((cats do occasional laps don't they? they have a cat at number 10))

(((yeah, while he's not biting your fucking face off)))

((aaargh, take me home African rail road))

(((zab zab zeee)))

Cx
nigelswift
8067 posts

Mar 13, 2019, 16:36
I have no idea what I said that you thought was loaded or was "so 1984".

I do know what loaded is though, and "so 1984" is definitely that.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1639 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2019, 17:24
Mar 13, 2019, 17:16
And that is why Boris Johnson will be the next Prime Minister of the UK minus Scotland, where all the Rockstar simulations of Luxembourg and nuclear weapons live.

The quantum Sami entanglement of that Japanese man in the woods thinking the Axis powers, not described to him as such, are still in force, drags an emaciated white bear to the office and proceeds to gut its failed innards, and pronounce "carpet".

Cx

But Ian McShane as Odin - he was born for the role.
Amil04
447 posts

Mar 13, 2019, 17:20
.. I was saying “so 1984” in good humour..believe me.

You said..

“Which also begs an interesting philosophical question: if people have voted that way is it best to support their right to make that self-harming decision or not?”

Which sounded to me a bit like..

“We’re not sure if you should have the right to vote unless you’re going vote for ‘us’, us being the obvious way forward to any sane person”

Just my interpretation..I don’t mean to offend.
nigelswift
8067 posts

Mar 13, 2019, 18:18
Amil04 wrote:

Which sounded to me a bit like..
“We’re not sure if you should have the right to vote unless you’re going vote for ‘us’, us being the obvious way forward to any sane person”

Well yes, that's what it was meant to sound like. 500 out of 650 MPs believed Remain was better for the welfare of their constituents whereas a majority of voters thought otherwise, albeit by a much smaller majority.

That DOES beg an interesting philosophical question -should an MP do what he thinks is in his constituents' best interest or should he do what his constituents want? There's no simple answer and there are many occasions when MPs didn't do what constituents' wanted.

For me, the leave vote was so damaging I'd like to see, at the very least, a second referendum.
nigelswift
8067 posts

Mar 13, 2019, 18:22
... And here's a question for you: if there was a kitten referendum where 52% of people said all kittens should be shot, should MPs action it without asking them to reconsider?
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1639 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2019, 18:37
Mar 13, 2019, 18:29
I think Alan Partridge's personal upstaging reenactment of the 13wahtever revolt still gets a ***** from me.

If it weren't for Norwich putting all the cottage industries out of work none of this would ever have happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcxjNQxf0Uo

Cx

and this is why Boris Johnson is the next Prime Minister of the UK -Scotland -Wales where they grow particles and farm sleep
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1639 posts

Mar 13, 2019, 19:20
312 (3+0+8%10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xMxT8qFAbc

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Xxz
Cx
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2019, 19:53
Mar 13, 2019, 19:52
..you know I wasn’t takin’ the piss the other day giN when I said “Ah..at last the voice of sanity has appeared!”

Kittens! They’re all hostile ET’s in disguise! They’ve got what’s comin’! Ever noticed y’ cat lookin’ at ya funny? What the hell’s happened to that population that thinks in such a way? They’ve been exposed to a load of anti-kitten propaganda!!

Has anybody voted ‘for’ anything recently?

I’ve been standing at the bar for over two and a half years but it’s slipped my mind to actually order a drink and now it’s nearly last orders..Damnit...”Is there an extension on tonight?”
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1639 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2019, 20:07
Mar 13, 2019, 20:02
you can't take the piss out of me i am merely an arbiter of the temporal

(when you live in mother's basement, no one talks about anything)

etc

Cx

though you've got to admit it didn't take much mathematical gymnastics to make the numbers from a Parliament vote equate to a decent Prince song, I wonder if Prince ever formed a funk band called Parliament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFXZNt4oLkE

Cx23
Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 151 52 53 54 55 56 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index