Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 149 50 51 52 53 54 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Just when you think things can't sink any lower...
Jul 05, 2019, 09:59
God she's become a swivel-eyed loon!
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Jul 05, 2019, 14:55
I was brought up a catholic and we were always told that masturbation would make you mad (among other equally well thought out afflictions). but I think celibacy is the real problem.

Ann Widdicombe's just joining the queue behind all those caring priests the Vatican protected for so long.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jul 05, 2019, 16:32
There's a petition going round to have her honorary Doctorate from Brum uni taken from her. Can't see it happening, if the uni hadn't noticed what she was like by now I guess they never will.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Jul 08, 2019, 11:29
Water off a duck's back in Stoke
Jul 08, 2019, 11:26
This warning ...
https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/07/08/former-brexit-chief-on-no-deal-everybody-should-be-worried/?ncid=webmail

won't be heeded in 71% Brexit Stoke where they've been going round deleting "Financed by the EU" signs from outside all their good bits
nigelswift
8112 posts

Hahaha!
Aug 02, 2019, 07:18
terry christian
@terrychristian
·
16h
Retweet if you think all businesses forced to lay workers off because of brexit and the ever weakening pound - should lay Brexit voters off first. Like if you think Brexit voters should volunteer for redundancy as they don't mind short term pain. It's what they voted for.

Actually that's broadly what's going to happen anyway, so that's OK.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Aug 22, 2019, 10:58
Prescriptions
Aug 22, 2019, 10:49
My (entirely essential) prescriptions are "delayed" (not known for how long).
I wonder if that's due to the thick shits who voted Brexit?

https://www.gponline.com/medicine-shortages-set-continue-despite-brexit-delay/article/1582413
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Aug 25, 2019, 04:15
Re: Prescriptions
Aug 24, 2019, 22:47
It's an interesting tactic. Calling people that you disagree with bad things.

Not sure how effective it is as a means of actually helping people to change their position though. Isn't that what you want to happen?

Seriously though, I see this everywhere, and I'm as guily of it as anyone. Never really thought of this before but I've really limited and drawn back the scope of what I do on the internet, and that's maybe caused a sense of someone looking in.

I see it outside of the internet too. Perhaps 90% of my work is addressing the emotions of my clients, from extreme nervousness to supreme overconfidence, to get them to fit in with a community of people who themselves range through the whole gamut of human emotions. There are rules of engagement, which are taught extensively, and it ends up with most people following most of the rules most of the time.

An analogy might be that I'm driving in the outside lane of a road. In lane one there is a broken down car, and before that is someone who has dealt with the situation poorly, and now needs to change lanes. That driver that put themseles in that position might have done so because they weren't sure, and braked when that was not the best thing to do, or they might have just flown down my inside and are now signalling and positioning urgently and assertively. Or because they just didn't read the warning signs, or those signs were partially obscured by fog. I'm not in anyway responsible for their actions but I can choose what to do about it.

Some of the time I will be the guy in lane one that got it wrong. I fear and dislike the people that decide to make a point of how shit my driving is rather than creating a space for me to move into.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 25, 2019, 10:04
"It's an interesting tactic. Calling people that you disagree with bad things."

Of course, I know it was an unwarranted and nasty expostulation. But then, if you're hanging off a cliff and someone is stamping on your fingers for what they say are well thought out reasons like "let's get on with it" you're going to think they're shits, I assure you!

My prescriptions haven't turned up BTW. Which shit's fault is that, do you think?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 25, 2019, 11:33
Also, what are we to say about the people who say Let's Just Get on With it about this....

Nick Boles MP
@NickBoles
·
17m
Don’t be fooled by the two biggest liars in the business. Trump will wait until the UK is at its weakest - after a No Deal Brexit - and he will then insist that EVERYTHING is on the table. The NHS, chlorinated chicken, the lot. Stop Johnson’s #GreatBritishSellOff
nigelswift
8112 posts

"The Queen's most excellent majesty in Council" ..
Aug 28, 2019, 15:06
.... has shut Parliament down.

What a fucking way to run a country.
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 149 50 51 52 53 54 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index