Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 139 40 41 42 43 44 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1093 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Jan 16, 2019, 16:55
Locodogz wrote:
I'm a staunch Remainer but do understand that - faced with the prospect of losing their cherished holy grail - as a Leaver I'd be screaming blue murder at the prospect of a 2nd referendum. That said - if only for the aspirations I have for my children - I sincerely hope there is a second referendum and we reverse this madness. Feels a tad closer after yesterday, although I still wouldn't bet on it happening.

Also wonder, for how long and how loud, a Brexiteer-led clamour for a third referendum would go on should a second one go against them?

Well, think of 2016 as the second referendum, as we had one to join in the first place, so we're looking at the best of three with people now knowing the consequences. Sadly parliament doesn't recognise that, or the real world these days. I don't know whether to feel a glimmer of hope after last night or not, looking at the news today it's just going round in circles. This really is going nowhere and it's just wasting more time until the deadline. Only recompense is that May has to return to parliament within 3 days with an alternative, she's off on another jolly on Thursday apparently so she'll come back empty-handed. Wait for corbyn to do nothing again and then it's March. All over.

I'm a staunch remainer, in Wales, the ref cost me and over 1000 others our jobs which we have no chance of getting back if we leave. It's like the whole of parliament has lost it's marbles, if it had any to begin with!
nigelswift
8065 posts

Jan 25, 2019, 08:43
Bloomberg:
"Running down the clock to Brexit day may be a useful negotiating device for Prime Minister Theresa May. But as politicians play a slow game, time is actually running out for business. Whatever happens now in Parliament, plenty of economic damage has already been done — some of it irreversible."
wychburyman
949 posts

Jan 27, 2019, 09:22
nigelswift wrote:
Two things:
1. Been in hospital for major operation, performed by utterly brilliant team of 12, only one of whom was British, led by Spanish anaesthetists and uber cool 30 year old black French surgeon indistinguishable from Bob Marley, radiating competence, humour and leadership.

2. Out now and OK, watching lunchtime telly and a succession of street interviews in Dudley Market, absolutely wreaking of naked, vile racism and calls for Brexit to happen asap.

Fuck 'em all. And no, that's not the medication talking.

"Dudley Market"((((shudder))))) not been there for years, and I only live down the road.
nigelswift
8065 posts

Jan 31, 2019, 07:39
Having accidentally voted to be poorer, 20 Labour leave constituencies are being bribed with Government money not to change their minds now things are clearer. I really hope they have the sense to see it as a con that will last only as long as it's needed - by the Tories.

One thing you'd have to say about the PM: she has total contempt for the North. Finally, Maggie walks amongst us once again.
giNgko_C
giNgko_C
1618 posts

Jan 31, 2019, 13:30
She's the Bribe Minister of the Stubbornment.

Sorry, I have a cold.

Cx
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Feb 01, 2019, 20:00
Jan 31, 2019, 20:05
Quote “One thing you'd have to say about the PM: she has total contempt for the North. Finally, Maggie walks amongst us once again.”

Same breed of speech writer certainly..we must have this instead of that, and that instead of this..”were there’s discord we’ll bring harmony etc etc..” Things changed with Blair a bit..he started every sentence with “Look...” as if to immediately accuse the questioner/interviewer of being unrealistic or off the mark in some way. Ha, how could I forget John Major.. I don’t remember a bloody word he said.

Reminds of the tv comedy news sketch...

“We must apologise to viewers in the North....it must be awful for you.” I’m northern...! Well, to those in the south I’m northern..to those in the north I’m southern.
nigelswift
8065 posts

Feb 01, 2019, 06:06
Amil04 wrote:
Things changed with Blair a bit..he started every sentence with “Look...”

"Theresa May" + "what is important" gets you 352,000 hits.
Amil04
447 posts

Feb 01, 2019, 19:57
...Maggie in a tank..May in a Spitfire...bailing out over the channel..

https://youtu.be/omf46GznqDo
nigelswift
8065 posts

Feb 02, 2019, 08:13
It's not just accidental and hilarious. It's a profound bit of footage that historians will use forever .... delusions of Empire glory, off to teach the hun and the frog that Britain is strong and won't be bullied. ;)
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6102 posts

Feb 02, 2019, 17:53
Nissan just announced they won't be building their new X Trail in Sunderland after all. Not surprising given the new EU-Japan trade deal that the UK won't be part of.

Still, it's just Project Fear and the leavers "knew what they were voting for". Ah, the sweet taste of freedom.
Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 139 40 41 42 43 44 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index