Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 137 38 39 40 41 42 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Mar 06, 2019, 15:03
Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Mar 06, 2019, 15:01
Whats going to happen when they ‘land’ on Mars?..can’t wait. Of the three experiments carried out by the first probe to land there in 1976 to look for signs of life, two of them gave a positive results for living bacteria. The third didn’t. The third experiments equipment was faulty..
Source..NASA

So David...apparently the answer was ‘yes’

What did you think of the image Howburn Digger put up?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 06, 2019, 15:12
" two of them gave a positive results for living bacteria"

No, no, double no. Who on earth sat in their bed with a laptop and put that nonsense out there? Lets find them and put them into a remedial science class.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Mar 06, 2019, 15:35
Mar 06, 2019, 15:32
..Source...NASA!!

Yeah a bit of remedial science for them..eh?

What would be wrong in your book about the results?
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Mar 06, 2019, 15:58
Mar 06, 2019, 15:42
Ps..

A quick look at wiki..

"Our (LR) experiment was a definite positive response for life, but a lot of people have claimed that it was a false positive for a variety of reasons."[13] Most scientists now believe that the data were due to inorganic chemical reactions of the soil; however, this view may be changing after the recent discovery of near-surface ice near the Viking landing zone.[14] Some scientists still believe the results were due to living reactions.” Wiki.

So some truth in what I say..more delving on that needed..

And this is wiki..we know it’s a heavily censored site towing mainstream lines?

Further to that what’s the point of doing experiments such that the results aren’t going to give a clear result?..matter of opinion? If that is indeed the case.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 06, 2019, 16:15
My point was that no living bacteria have been discovered on Mars. If they had it would be seriously bigger news and, best of all, The Pope's next encyclical would contain some VERY nifty back peddling.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Mar 06, 2019, 17:23
Mar 06, 2019, 17:19
Seems like the jury is out on that one. I like the used of the words ‘most’ and ‘some’ in that extract from wiki. ie most (and they’re right) some (the fringe weirdo scientists) bit loaded?..maybe I’m reading too much into that. Who knows. Yes it would have been terrific news..maybe too much to handle. One only has to extrapolate..if it’s there, where else is it?..and how developed is it? I think ‘life’ is everywhere in the universe it just needs the right conditions to prosper. Like seeds on the wind.

How did Jesus vote?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 06, 2019, 17:40
Agree about life everywhere. The likely number of earthlike planets is ballooning every week, so ...

Jesus voted liberal I think. I dunno why the Republicans think he loves them.
Amil04
447 posts

Mar 06, 2019, 18:07
Bloody liberals.. ; )

https://youtu.be/8r-e2NDSTuE

“God just couldn’t handle his money”

Love it.
nigelswift
8112 posts

National humiliation in the national interest?!
Mar 09, 2019, 16:04
James Forsyth in The Sun:

"Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief negotiator, is telling the UK that if it doesn’t like the backstop, it can have a Northern Ireland-only version of it — which the UK has already rejected. One minister fully briefed on the negotiations tells me: “We’re at ‘what the hell do we do?’ time. But without a change to the backstop, Theresa May’s deal is going down to another heavy defeat on Tuesday."

That won’t be the end of the matter, though. For the very next day Parliament will vote against leaving on March 29 with No Deal. Parliament will then almost certainly vote to request an extension to Article 50, the two-year process for leaving the EU. At this moment, the UK would be in the EU’s hands. As one weary No10 source admits: “They’d be in a position of being able to dictate terms.”

It would be up to the EU to decide whether to grant an extension, how long it would be for and what conditions would be attached to it. How humiliating: This country’s future would be being determined in Brussels, not Westminster."

That'll do nicely.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: National humiliation in the national interest?!
Mar 10, 2019, 09:40
Talk in the Irish broadsheets this morning that the EU have completely run out of patience with the UK government.

The sequence of events as seen from Dublin...

EU:
"in order to remain compatible with the Belfast Agreement, Northern Ireland must temporarily remain part of the Custom Union, pending an alternate solution that will keep the border open. We'll even call it a "backstop" so cricket-loving English people will be familiar with the term.

UK (under the watchful eye of the DUP who are keeping the UK government in power by this point):
"Absolutely not! We will have no truck with any solution that treats Northern Ireland any differently to the rest of the UK.

EU:
"But... but... you already HAVE all sorts of differentiation between the two; from social and legal differences to actual checks on agricultural produce between the two..."

UK:
"la la la la la la!"

Dublin:
"Hey EU, don't bother pressing that point... the DUP are involved here and they don't make any sense and never have; we just have to pretend those differences don't exist otherwise everyone puts their fingers in their ears and goes "la la la la la!" really loudly. It's psychotic, but it's UK politics."

UK:
"la la la la la la!"

EU (shouting to be heard):
"OK, OK, Britain, so what do you propose?"

UK:
"la la la... huh?"

EU:
"So what do you propose?"

UK:
"A UK-wide backstop instead... the entire UK gets covered by the backstop as a kind of informal Custom Union until we have a comprehensive trade deal in place that will keep the British border in Ireland open..."

EU:
"Jeez, that really doesn't sit well with us. You'll be getting all the benefits of the free market without any of the fiscal responsibility... it really goes against our rules (which you helped write, remember?)"

UK (suddenly unexpectedly belligerent):
"Look you foreign fucks! Either it's a UK-wide backstop, or we start up with the la la la's... and we'll starve the paddies again while we're at it!"

EU:
"Fine... if that's what it takes to get you to start acting like decent neighbours to the Irish for the first time in 1600 years... then we'll bend the rules... a UK-wide backstop it is..."

UK:
"la la la la la!"

EU:
"But? now what?"

UK:
"A UK-wide backstop?! Are you fucking kidding me? We'll never succumb to that kind of EU-meddling and latter-day Fourth Reich bullshit! Never surrender! Spitfires and The Queen and Bulldogs and fuck you for trying to trap us in a UK-wide backstop!! la la la la la!"

EU:
"What the ACTUAL fuck just happened there?"

Dublin:
"Now you see what we've been dealing with...."
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 137 38 39 40 41 42 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index