Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 130 31 32 33 34 35 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Jan 25, 2019, 08:43
Bloomberg:
"Running down the clock to Brexit day may be a useful negotiating device for Prime Minister Theresa May. But as politicians play a slow game, time is actually running out for business. Whatever happens now in Parliament, plenty of economic damage has already been done — some of it irreversible."
wychburyman
951 posts

Jan 27, 2019, 09:22
nigelswift wrote:
Two things:
1. Been in hospital for major operation, performed by utterly brilliant team of 12, only one of whom was British, led by Spanish anaesthetists and uber cool 30 year old black French surgeon indistinguishable from Bob Marley, radiating competence, humour and leadership.

2. Out now and OK, watching lunchtime telly and a succession of street interviews in Dudley Market, absolutely wreaking of naked, vile racism and calls for Brexit to happen asap.

Fuck 'em all. And no, that's not the medication talking.

"Dudley Market"((((shudder))))) not been there for years, and I only live down the road.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jan 31, 2019, 07:39
Having accidentally voted to be poorer, 20 Labour leave constituencies are being bribed with Government money not to change their minds now things are clearer. I really hope they have the sense to see it as a con that will last only as long as it's needed - by the Tories.

One thing you'd have to say about the PM: she has total contempt for the North. Finally, Maggie walks amongst us once again.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Feb 02, 2019, 17:53
Nissan just announced they won't be building their new X Trail in Sunderland after all. Not surprising given the new EU-Japan trade deal that the UK won't be part of.

Still, it's just Project Fear and the leavers "knew what they were voting for". Ah, the sweet taste of freedom.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Feb 02, 2019, 22:23
Feb 02, 2019, 20:06
Freedom..what a word that is. I suppose that word didn’t exist when there was some kind of real freedom. The need only arose for the word...when it was lost. As a concept. I’ll tec’ me Taoist hat off now.

May be of interest?

“28.1.2019 - Jo Cox Film Released Early.
The latest film from Richplanet which was due out in early April 2019 has been released early. If you order it now on DVD it will be dispatched the same day. Due to the current Brexit situation and claims in mainstream media that so called “far right” extremism is increasing due to Brexit, I felt that people need to see the content of the film as soon as possible. The media and politicians keep using the Jo Cox fake narrative to re-enforce a myth that asserts that certain people who support Brexit have either killed or are likely to kill due to their beliefs. The film exposes the truth about the Jo Cox incident and proves beyond reasonable doubt that Jo Cox was NOT killed by the man they have claimed.” Richplanet.net

I won’t be ‘convinced’ one way or another but I’ll give it a watch when available. It’ll be on YouTube in the next week or so for free too. He’s put some research together in a previous presentation regards Jo Cox. So might be worth a watch before the next one, if you intend.

https://youtu.be/HEIoLftYYLM

Who knows..really?..anything’s possible. Tommy Mair hardly saying a word if at all in any of his police interviews/court appearances...because it wasn’t actually him? That’d make sense..?

It’s another angle. I’m not ‘pushing this.’ But I’m curious enough to watch and listen..and not just go with “the Butler did it.”

I’ll bet my bottom dollar TM wears her chunky silver chain when she delivers ‘The Speech’ The same one she wore for her first speech as PM. ...the one that does actually look just like a slave chain around her neck...her ‘advisors’ no doubt chose it..”Know your place Teresa”

https://youtu.be/0oxJDZaLmDg

https://youtu.be/msAcTMKMSKA Bye bye love..
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 04, 2019, 07:52
Something else for the "I don't care I still want to leave" Sunderland gammons to cheer about:

Whitehall is considering withdrawing a £60 million support package for Nissan after the car giant broke its pledge to expand its UK plant.....
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 18, 2019, 09:07
Farmers Weekly
? @FarmersWeekly

US farmers lobbying hard for chlorinated chicken and hormone-treated beef to be included in #Brexit trade deals. Defra ministers insist there won't be any dilution of UK standards. But can we trust them?

;)
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Feb 18, 2019, 15:37
And more Project Fear....

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/18/carmaker-honda-plans-to-close-swindon-factory-reports

Oh, hold on, this is actually happening.........where's Boris 'Fuck Business' Johnson when you need him....
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 18, 2019, 17:16
Of course, the fact Japan has just done a trade deal with Europe might have something to do with it - you know, the Europe that Swindon is being taken out of.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Feb 18, 2019, 22:54
Feb 18, 2019, 20:48
nigelswift wrote:
Of course, the fact Japan has just done a trade deal with Europe might have something to do with it - you know, the Europe that Swindon is being taken out of.

Worrying news for Swindon.

Nigel, I've just deleted what I posted earlier (something about it possibly not being a consequence of Brexit rather the trade deal between the EU and Japan, inasmuch Japan will now be able to export directly to Europe without paying tariffs) only to start doubting my own judgement. So I'm shutting up on the subject though continue listen and feel so sad for this country.

It is clear the car industry is in trouble.
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 130 31 32 33 34 35 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index