Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 129 30 31 32 33 34 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: What fresh Hell is this?
Nov 26, 2018, 20:15
As I keep saying, nobody pointed out the queue to me when I arrived in the UK. Seems a bit rude calling me a queue-jumper at this point, no?

(I love the UK, but I'm incredibly relieved I don't live there anymore).
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6102 posts

Nov 26, 2018, 20:22
grufty jim wrote:
As I keep saying, nobody pointed out the queue to me when I arrived in the UK. Seems a bit rude calling me a queue-jumper at this point, no?

(I love the UK, but I'm incredibly relieved I don't live there anymore).

Exactly, it's a bone being thrown to the anti-immigration section of the Brexiteers, nothing more. As nigel says, it's dog-whistle politics.

I'm ashamed of the state of the UK and its politicians.
nigelswift
8065 posts

Edited Nov 27, 2018, 06:33
Nov 27, 2018, 06:01
thesweetcheat wrote:
I'm ashamed of the state of the UK and its politicians.

Me too, but only of the politicians and voters who continue to support Brexit using their only weapon, the platitudes that the people have spoken and must now be obeyed because democracy demands it.

..... And of the Beeb. (Sky is a totally different environment). Yesterday they did a Vox Pop - and guess where they went - a market in Leeds - and guess what the people there said - by a margin of 5 to one: "we've voted leave, now get on with it.

..... And of the PM who is the most active in saying stop immigration "once and for all". I think she and her team have identified that that will swing it far more than anything else.
nigelswift
8065 posts

This is just wicked
Nov 28, 2018, 10:48
‘Is every scenario likely to have a detrimental effect on GDP?’ Chancellor - ‘yes’ BUT there are other advantages to Brexit other than that.

How terrible. He's a millionaire. When the bottom 30% have fewer jobs and lower standards of living are they REALLY going to think it's all been worth it because rich Tories now have more "control"?
nigelswift
8065 posts

And another thing....
Nov 30, 2018, 09:11
https://heritageaction.wordpress.com/2018/11/30/a-worrying-week-for-heritage/
nigelswift
8065 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Dec 01, 2018, 08:28
Pete M
? @fastcarspete
9h9 hours ago

Pete M Retweeted Yvette Cooper

Imagine. If @YvetteCooperMP had won the Labour leadership contest things would be very different. Labour would have a leader, Brexit would be very very dead, and nobody would be stealing our Freedom of Movement.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1093 posts

Dec 01, 2018, 16:25
I think Andy Burnham was the preferred candidate really. She was too linked to Ed Balls and really represented a Labour that people wanted to move on from.

Then again she'd be a damned sight better than the dead lettuce they've got in now!
nigelswift
8065 posts

Dec 01, 2018, 16:50
There are half a dozen possibilities, all of a later generation than Corbyn.

I worry that he could cost us Remain because X% of Remainers would prefer Brexit with the Tories to Remain with him.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1093 posts

Dec 01, 2018, 19:10
I'm worried that there'll be a GE and the tories will win again thus securing May's deal! That's what I can actually see happening now if Corbyn keeps pushing for it. He's not interested in brexit he just wants to be PM!
nigelswift
8065 posts

Dec 01, 2018, 19:54
There's an article, can't find it, suggesting May will call an election and that she's currently electioneering for it.

But then, the Tories couldn't have a manifesto saying they will implement May's deal. They might though if she went back and got a few minor tweaks. Aaaargh, is that the plan?
Pages: 73 – [ Previous | 129 30 31 32 33 34 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index