U-Know! Forum »
Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 128 29 30 31 32 33 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Dec 12, 2018, 17:31
Maybe, like tonights vote, votes in parliament should be anonymous?! Suddenly, the country would be properly governed through people asting upon their own consciences!
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Dec 12, 2018, 20:54
Dec 12, 2018, 18:21
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Dec 12, 2018, 18:29
Captain Starlet wrote:
There's literally no credible argument left that this doesn't undermine. There's literally no possible deal on the planet that is going to equal this. This is literally huge!

I agree with your viewpoint (obvs), but the problem here is that both remainers and moderate leavers seem to now be trying to assess Brexit solely on the basis of the economic effect of the various outcomes.

There is still an argument, which clearly resonates with many leave voters, that the, or even any, economic sacrifice is worth it to end freedom of movement and/or stop EU involvement with the UK's laws.

For many leave voters, this has been the goal right from the off (to be fair, many have not made any bones about this) but now the debate seems to focusing almost entirely on which outcome is better or worse economically, without really acknowledging the other factors that led to the leave vote.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dec 12, 2018, 19:23
Well, if you're a Tory leaver maybe stopping EU involvement with the UK's laws is attractive as it means conservatism without any outside ties of decency or compassion. But if you aren't, it's a nightmare.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Dec 12, 2018, 19:41
nigelswift wrote:
Well, if you're a Tory leaver maybe stopping EU involvement with the UK's laws is attractive as it means conservatism without any outside ties of decency or compassion. But if you aren't, it's a nightmare.

I know, I agree with you. But I worry that in the event of there being a chance of a second referendum, unless the "remain" option tackles these issues (freedom of movement, "sovereignty") not just the economic benefits of membership there is a pretty big chance of another leave vote.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dec 12, 2018, 20:06
Hopefully people are better informed now and are less likely to fall for lies relating to freedom of movement and sovereignty. This time they won't be so easily told that 32 million muslim turks are on their way and that People are fed up with experts (as Stabber Gove claimed).
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Dec 12, 2018, 21:49
You'd like to think so, but I don't think it would be good to assume that's the case.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Liam Fox breaks the preposterous barrier
Dec 14, 2018, 08:36
Europe signs the world's biggest trade deal with Japan and Fox says ....

"I welcome the approval of the EU-Japan economic partnership agreement yesterday, which could boost UK GDP by up to £3bn in the long run. Japan is a vocal defender of free trade and this agreement will form the basis of our new, stronger trading relationship as we leave the EU."
nigelswift
8112 posts

Hahaha!
Dec 15, 2018, 08:18
Daniel Hannan MEP: “It is now looking like any second referendum will be rigged against Leavers and I don’t see we have any option other than to organise a mass boycott.” Would you boycott a second vote on Brexit?"

Of course we would Daniel.

;)
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Liam Fox breaks the preposterous barrier
Dec 15, 2018, 10:26
He does know the deal's with the EU and not the uk doesn't he?
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 128 29 30 31 32 33 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index