Jesus I despise Brexit.

Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 127 28 29 30 31 32 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: Jesus I despise Brexit.
Dec 10, 2018, 13:04
My anger about Brexit (as an observer from Ireland) is turning into sympathy. The rest of Europe can put all this nonsense behind us now, but you guys in the UK are going to be shouting at each other about Brexit for the next decade.

I know *you* don't want to... but the Farage/Davis/Rees-Mogg/Johnsons are just not going to shut up about this. And the British tabloids along with the BBC will happily amplify their every whinge.

If I were you, I'd pop over to Ireland for a few years and avoid all that shite. You'll have Freedom of Movement after all :-)
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Dec 10, 2018, 14:47
Dec 10, 2018, 14:44
Well, I'm too old for it to mastter but my 3 kids have cashed in their Golden Euro cards (mum born in UK of 2 Irish parents) and are all now pukka Irish so they're safe.

As for the bitterness to last long term I'm not convinced it won't die down in a year or two because one thing's certain: this country won't try it again in a hurry - like 2 generations at least!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Dec 10, 2018, 20:55
As expected, the ECJ has ruled that the UK can unilaterally withdraw the Article 50 notification.

And Theresa May, who said the public don't want delay and uncertainty mere days ago, has now cancelled tomorrow's Parliamentary vote on her deal, knowing that she was heading for a heave defeat.

She is now barely clinging on by her nails.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6209 posts

Dec 10, 2018, 20:56
*heavy
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dec 12, 2018, 14:54
The European Parliament approves an accord with Japan that has been dubbed the world's biggest trade deal, covering economies that represent a third of the world's GDP,,,,,,
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Dec 12, 2018, 15:50
How do we join this EU thingy?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dec 12, 2018, 15:58
Don't know, i picked it up from someone else's tweet.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Dec 12, 2018, 16:04
It's been an interesting couple of days to say the least. To be outside of this deal though is really the final nail in the coffin for anyone still trying to support brexit. There's literally no credible argument left that this doesn't undermine. There's literally no possible deal on the planet that is going to equal this. This is literally huge!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dec 12, 2018, 16:28
Explain to me: therer's not an MP that isn't willing to go against his constituents views but not in this case. What's driving them?
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Dec 12, 2018, 16:45
Party whip I imagine, putting their own careers over the best interests of the uk. I can't see how this can credibly go on any longer.
Pages: 54 – [ Previous | 127 28 29 30 31 32 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index